If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why DRM-free is still better than Steam

2»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Finally got a successful logon to Steam.  Finally.

• Poot dispenser here

It's probably Black Friday activity. Steam's servers will never be able to keep up with demand.

• My arms are falling off!

Steam is fine for multiplayer games, not so much for games that have no multiplayer component.

Strangely I was able to get it to start it in Offline mode the other day despite not having a connection (because lol I thought my wifi adapter was fried when I just forgot to set it to on).

Thankfully Nyu Media is kind enough to distribute their offerings through multuple content distributors, not just Steam. (And even then, only one of the games they've published has Steamworks.0

I was finally able to log onto steam sometime past 1 AM.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Steam has been running fine for me, but if I were ever to get a bitgamer invite, goodbye buying video games.

Steam is again having issues connecting to my friends list.  Even though it successfully downloaded Chantelise earlier.

• Get really, really good at killing the flying eyeballs.  They will be your bane.

YOUR BANE.

I've been signing into Steam roughly every day.  My connection is shitty, though, so sometimes it takes a while to sign on.  I've even been directed to the login dialog a few times in the course of my connection being shitty.  But still I sign on successfully after a while.  Usually.

Last night, I was over at a friend's place.  He has a wireless router but for some reason I was unable to connect to it.  Oh well.  So I decided to start Steam in offline mode.

No, it says, I can't do that, because my login info hasn't been stored on this computer.

wait what

• You have to successfully sign into any new computer you use to access your account, so steam guard can store that computer on a secret list of "trusted" computers that can use your account.

It's the same computer on which I've wasted countless hours playing Ys Origin, Fortune Summoners, TF2, and other games.  And I couldn't connect to the internet anyway, so it's not like it was seeing me on a new connection or anything.