If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Finesse Playtest: Combat

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

I guess that's fair.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Your modifier for the Zweihander should be 12, I think. 8 Agility+5 Two-Handed-1 Agility loss from your armor.

So, my main takeaway so far is that I really need to get that character sheet written out so players can have all the modifiers in one place.

Oh, right, it's Agility, and I forgot the Armor penalty. Heh. As if that roll wasn't shitty enough.

Yeah, you're probably going to be taking some damage.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

(Rolled: 2d10+14. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 17)

Well, I can tell you straight up that you miss, because even without my 2d10 roll, I roll a 22.

[roll]2d10+22[/roll] (Shield defence)

POTENTIAL CHEATING DETECTED. If it appears that dice were rolled in this post, they may need to be disregarded as fabricated.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hahahahaha.

The roller is really spazzing out lately.

(Rolled: 2d10+22. Rolls: 4, 7. Total: 33) (Shield defence)

Yeah, that's pretty successful. Nines, ending your turn, or...?

Erp. Yeah.

Alright. I'll attack just once.

(Rolled: 2d10+11. Rolls: 6, 2. Total: 19)

I'll try to counter it, then. 8 Agility -2 Light Armor penalty +5 Two-Handed -2 RA +2 defense vs. One-Handed attacks = 11. Sooooo . . .

(Rolled: 2d10+11. Rolls: 2, 2. Total: 15)

:D

I do believe that's 2 Primary and 2 Secondary damage for you.

• edited 2012-11-16 11:52:43
    Has friends besides tanks now

Yep.

Primary: 17

Secondary: 40

-1 to all rolls.

Welp, your attack.

Actually, it was 6 damage, 4 of it Primary, since your Strength gives you +2 damage. Primary is 17. Anyway.

(Rolled: 2d10+10. Rolls: 2, 4. Total: 16)

• edited 2012-11-16 11:53:24
    Has friends besides tanks now

Haha. The RNG is shitting all over my cereal right now. -shrug-

Actually, it was 6 damage, 4 of it Primary, since your Strength gives you +2 damage. Primary is 17. Anyway.

Oh shit right.

Anyway, I pretty much win that, because Shields of 22.

(Rolled: 2d10+22. Rolls: 9, 10. Total: 41)

shit yes

Thankfully, shields don't counterattack. :P

Hm.

I'm thinking shields might be a bit overpowered.

No, but it does provide me with a virtually limitless defence on your attacks.

Hell, if this was real play, I could stall you for like, 30 turns.

Anyway.

(Rolled: 2d10+11. Rolls: 2, 3. Total: 16)

Gonna Dodge this time.

(Rolled: 2d10+9. Rolls: 10, 6. Total: 25)

I'll wait to see if Nova wants to make another attack.

So, my impressions so far in this fight...the basic combat system seems to be better in this version than in the previous one, but specific builds don't seem to be entirely balanced yet (though some changes I already planned for 1.2 may fix some of that).

Sound about right?

Seems about right. Although Strength seems to be the God stat now, by way of shields and armor being godly, and Strength allowing a character to equip better shields and armor at less penalty.

Yeah, I think the next version's armor system is a pretty huge improvement.

I'll wait to see if Nova wants to make another attack.

Nope.

Kay. I also just noticed that my penalty from light armor is only 1, since my Endurance is 7. Don't remember if that was already accounted for or not.

(Rolled: 2d10+11. Rolls: 8, 8. Total: 27)