If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

[NOTICE - Upgrade complete] Hey look, more changes

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm seeing a weird "related discussions" chart at the bottom of some threads.

• Yeah, it's HUGE.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

There's -lots- of default shiz in this search plugin that gets turned off.  I'm still fighting with the damn thing to make it work correctly.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The button next to Preview still says Save Draft.  Is it actually a Delete Draft option or actually a Save Draft option?

• I see both a Save Draft button and a Clear Draft button.

• edited 2012-09-21 01:01:43
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

It should be to the right if you have a draft saved for the current thread.
    Also ninja'd

Oh, it only appears if you have something to delete.  Gotcha.

Also, identified two more changes.

1. If you have something typed up in the comment field, and you navigate off of the page...you lose it.

2. If you enter a thread with posts you haven't seen, then navigate back to the full forum view, that thread will no longer be marked as having new posts.

Also want to add that drafts now get autosaved.

• edited 2012-09-21 01:28:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I just found another bugfix:

@username at the beginning of a line correctly links to that user.  For example:

@Unknown_Entity

@glennmagusharvey @ClockworkUniverse

I just found another bug!

When editing a post, the thread will save your edit as a draft.  It doesn't remove this draft when you post your edit though.

• edited 2012-09-21 01:54:45
    Has friends besides tanks now

Also, PMs are now distinguished by who started them, rather than by the most recent post in it that you haven't read. This is just a bit confusing.

I see that we mods will be remembering the legacy of Longfellow a lot longer than previously thought.

• edited 2012-09-21 02:10:44

Finally got the search plugin to work correctly now, feel free to play around with it.  I'll poke around with the rest of the stuff that's been noted later today.

• No rainbow star

Can't wait to tag threads I make!

Mobile site lacks an activity link.
  • edited 2012-09-21 03:22:42

There is too one :P  Additionally I readded the 3ds as a mobile browser.  Probably a lot of little things on the mobile site that need readjusting since I lost track of all the stuff I did on that end.

Okay, weird one: when loading the full site on a mobile browser (tested on both iOS and Android), the text entry field will appear, then vanish as soon as the page is done loading.

• edited 2012-09-21 03:40:12

Happens on my 3ds also; it's likely a side effect of having to make the default comment box having to be hidden when posting a saved draft (that caused it to show up above the fancy one) and the mobile site not being setup to show the fancy one.  It could also likely be a plugin setting of some sort.  I'll take a look at that one later today as I'll be off to sleep soon.

Additionally, I never noticed that 'full site' link before.  Good catch.

I'm now seeing the box, but unable to type in it.
  • edited 2012-09-21 04:21:14

That was why I originally disabled it on the mobile version; the way the editor is setup is sort of weird.  It's an html document (an iframe, essentially) on top of an editbox, so 'clicking' it doesn't actually register it as a textbox.  When you're typing in it on here, you're actually editing that iframe.

Additionally, how does one switch back to the mobile view? Got it, had to clear cookies for it.  Apparently it's a usability thing on Vanilla's end they missed.

Ah. Makes sense. Doesn't sound like an easy fix.

Anyway, I just noticed that page numbers are gone on mobile now.

I just have to find a way for it to detect mobile browsers when on full view and not load tinymce.  Also, just fixed the page numbers.

• a little muffled
    If you're detecting mobile browsers in full view anyway, maybe put a link to go back to the mobile site too.
  • Something is wrong with the avatar changing thing (or at least that link). The avatar doesn't show up, the regular avatar-changing link on one's userpage is not showing up, and your notifications are deleted anyways *sniff*

• edited 2012-09-21 18:38:26

What he said.

Though when I went to my userpage, my notifications didn't disappear; they're still separate from activity, oddly.  Edit: Wait, no, they're gone.  THEY'RE GONE......*sniff*  even though the "notifications" is still separate from "activity".

And I had over 13,370 of them...

apparently, the uploads folder magically changed it's permissions off what they should be.  just fixed that, so try an avatar change now.

• Ahh, that worked. Thanks!

• edited 2012-09-21 23:41:16

Figured out how Vanilla determines if mobile, not mobile or using full site on mobile, so the stock comment editor is now on the mobile 'full site' view; will be adding a revert to mobile link momentarily.

And the mobile full view now has a re-mobile-fy link at the top now, near sign out 

Thanks!

• edited 2012-09-22 01:48:46

Conversations list has been kinda-sorta reverted to the old version's look, but I can't seem to wrangle the CSS into making it look nice.

Also just discovered drafts autosaving causes some weird behavior that's a vanilla bug noted by other users of the editor plugin we use.  I disabled them autosaving when an 'Edit' link is hit, and it can't be re-enabled (nor will draft autosave work) due to an apparently long-standing Vanilla bug unless you first refresh the page.

• edited 2012-09-22 16:01:32

favicon and About Us are broken.

Edit: favicon just magically reappeared.  About Us is still broken though.

• edited 2012-09-23 22:24:05

Just readded About Us.

Unstickying this in a day or two