If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

[NOTICE - Upgrade complete] Hey look, more changes

edited 2012-09-21 00:08:28 in IJBM meta
The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

I'll be upgrading the board to the new Vanilla version with some tasty new additions sometime tomorrow (20 Sept, likely late in the day like around now), so if the board is down/sporadic for a length of time, that's likely what's going on

Comments

• What additions are those?

• edited 2012-09-19 23:57:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

• built-in search will suck less

• bugfix: "skipping" of last comment when the board attempts to display new comments

• bugfix: private conversation system had trouble with removing/readding people to the conversation

• bugfix: activity page will no longer show a crapton of repeated notifications, nor claim that conversations you didn't bookmark are bookmarked

• activity page is now the default userpage content (and will thus clear your huge number of notifications every time you check your activity page to change your avatar or something, sadly)

• "remember me" box will be checked by default, on login popup thingy

• maybe some other things

• edited 2012-09-20 00:00:35

Oh, cool! (I already knew of the profile activity page thing, as HH's version of Vanilla has had that for over a year now)

Thanks, UE!

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, basically the update will be to the version of Vanilla that HH is using.

• Has friends besides tanks now

My thanks as well, UE!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Definitely looking forward to this.

So, I've been trying out the new search function.

New features:

* a way to search for posts and threads by a certain user

* a way to search thread titles only

* search results now highlight search terms

Seems like you can combine text search with poster search by putting text search first.  For example, "changes @user Unknown_Entity".

I've got 13246 notifications right now.

I'll be saying goodbye to them soon... ~tear~

Wait, will notifications go away? Because I have 21535 of them.
  • Only if you go to your profile page to do things like change your profile picture.

Oh.

How is that an improvement?
  • I changed my user title and it didn't reset (only 1850 notifications, but mine are better than everyone else's).

I don't think the upgrade has happened yet.
  • ^^It will reset after the update. 

^^^Probably to make it more in line with other forums.

Well, guess I'd better hurry up and change my avatar so I don't get stuck with this one >:/

• Has friends besides tanks now

>ClockworkUniverse using anyone but Mikado Ryugamine as an avatar

Been meaning to change it since I changed my username. Just hadn't yet.

• a little muffled
    It's like you changed your face.

I wonder if we should ask UE to hack in a way to keep those huge-ass numbers.

• No rainbow star
    Noooo now INUH is COMPLETELY different!

You've changed, man ;.;

INUH 

Who?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I think I'm going to request a name change soon.

• edited 2012-09-21 00:08:14
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

I think I'll be starting the update in about 15 minutes.  Shouldn't take me too long, just a matter of backing up the old install, moving the new one into place, updating the database and installing the new search system.  Feel free to use this as a dumping ground for any little possible bugs you notice.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

And we're back.  The search system isn't currently up and running yet, but will be in a little bit.  We're now on the latest Vanilla (2.0.18.4)

• edited 2012-09-21 00:12:58

(EDIT: now I think I'm delusional.  Maybe the styling didn't change.  Maybe it did.  I don't know!)

• Oh god, there's a gray background on each section's number of threads, a red border on the number of notifications (which I must not click), and an underline shows up if you hover over the site page things on top. Things are... different.

I'm scared.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

A bit of the styling did change, yeah.  Aside from that and the upcoming search as soon as I bitchsmack it into working, most of the changes are internal (which GMH seems to have already noted them). Also I added a Clear Draft button in-topic.

Also, permalink has been replaced by the timestamp being a permalink.

I wonder if there's a way to keep those insane numbers of notifications...

• edited 2012-09-21 00:32:39
    Tech support

The easy way, kind of, is to not click on your profile link and use this link to do things such as change avatars.

This should lead to the page to change avatars

Good to know.