If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Incredibly rare torrents with no seeders

edited 2012-07-22 12:30:23 in Webspace

Really goddamn frustrating. When the torrent is rare, you don't really have a choice but to sit there and hope that someone seeds it at some point in the future. Right now I'm in the middle of trying to obtain raw episodes of Sonic X--I have my reasons; don't judge me--and after days of searching I could only find one decent torrent that stopped halfway through. Let me tell you, containing such murderous rage really is a trial.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Do I EVER know that feel...
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

See also: Every Utada PV ever.

• I'm a damn twisted person

This was the saga of me trying to acquire the Giant Robo OVAs. For 4 days did my computer chug along downloading a torrent for a seven episode anime. It was worth it, but seriously, 4 fucking days. 

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Rare albums by The Dead C. Jesus cheeses...

• edited 2012-07-22 23:53:18
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I encounter this problem rather often when trying to obtain an anime series that came out ages ago (my backlog is huge at this point; I really have to start clearing it out). Luckily, I know a few places where I can download those same series over HTTP or XDCC, and not only do I use those sources when the torrents aren't being seeded, but I then set up my torrent program to seed the files I downloaded on HTTP so other people don't have to keep looking.

Luckily, I don't have to do this so much anymore as some of the more popular shows tend to get reseeded and all.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Grant Morrison stuffs that are not his DC work get no love from torrents.

I managed to find Kill Your Boyfriend only after hours of searching, and finding Flex Mentallo was a nightmare.

Finding some of his Doom Patrol stuff was relatively easy, but I still had to struggle for much of it. 

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Well, most of his Doom Patrol run has been reissued, though I'm not sure about the Flex Mentallo mini-series.

• Super Lazuli: I recently downloaded a torrent that contained a LOT (possibly all) of Grants stuff, including his very early Doctor Who strips. I can link you to it if you like? (via PM).

• Flex Mentallo is more of a rights issue as the Charles Atlas company took objection to DC's use of the image.

Legitimately they seem to have gotten over that, what with Vertigo publishing a the Flex Mentallo trade a few months ago. 

• You can change. You can.

I prefer using /rs/ for comics when possible. With that said, I found a Doom Patrol torrent that worked pretty OK. The gigantic one with all of Morrison's stuff doesn't seem to work though.

• I believe I had this problem with anime based off the Megaman Battle Network series.

(don't bother trying to find a working one for me now, torrenting is too scary)

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Legitimately they seem to have gotten over that, what with Vertigo publishing a the Flex Mentallo trade a few months ago. 

I MUST HAVE THIS.

Okay. Any fairly big bookstore with a comics section should have it or you can just do it easy mode and order it online. 

• Saddens me too.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

mmmmmmmmmmmmmbump slightly

Super Lazuli: I recently downloaded a torrent that contained a LOT (possibly all) of Grants stuff, including his very early Doctor Who strips. I can link you to it if you like? (via PM).

I would very much like you if you did that, yes.