If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Last Psychiatrist

edited 2012-06-28 19:57:12 in Webspace

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/

I've read a selection of this guy's articles, and they all basically boil down to "popular intellectual media, like The Atlantic, NPR and Mad Men are middlebrow and watered down, particularly in their approach to psychology, and so is anybody who reads/enjoys them."

Discuss.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't have time to read the articles just now, but I've seen a lot of inaccurate psychology and psychiatry in media.
  • You can change. You can.

fiction tends to keep some sciences inaccurate in order to create a more dramatic and resonant presentation.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

A couple of his articles I've read were very interesting, but good fucking lord I cannot stand this guy's writing style long enough to bother a full archive trawl.

• A couple of his articles I've read were very interesting, but good fucking lord I cannot stand this guy's writing style long enough to bother a full archive trawl.

Basically how I feel too.