If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When a complaint isn't about the thing itself...

edited 2012-06-28 18:49:19 in General

...but rather the obnoxious people who surround that thing, as if they were one and the same.

You all know what I'm talking about. 4chan is built on this.

Comments

• You can change. You can.

You all know what I'm talking about. 4chan is built on this.

It is?

• ^ "Modern Warfare 4 is console-exclusive. What now, PC faggots?"

-A probable /v/ post.

• Kichigai birthday!!

>implying people on /v/ would ever talk positively about a CoD game

lel

• Well, that got off on the wrong foot. Let me try and rephrase it:

How many times have you read an article or blog post that included a phrase or paragraph similar to "If another one of these fucking [X] fans emails me and tells me how awesome [X] is, I'm gonna start busting some heads." Then after insulting the fans of [X], he launches into sequential criticisms of whatever [X] happens to be.

But the criticism isn't really for the betterment of [X] and/or anything that relates to [X]; if it does do that, that's a side effect. What it's really about is discrediting the fans of [X] and trying to get back at them, when really, the fans of [X] are going to be assholes regardless of whether [X] exists; they'd just latch on to [Y] instead and end up annoying people over that.

• I'm a damn twisted person

... Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Oh right, Zabu's gonna Zabu.

• People dislike X, (Fans of Y) and naturally assume Y was the cause of X.

Though you could argue they also dislike Y too. but ehhh.

• ^^ I thought more people would understand what I was talking about, that they'd seen the same patterns I have.

While I did understand what you're talking about, it seemed like a rather boring OP with a cheap shot at 4Chan because calling 4Chan "Everything that is wrong in the internet" is in vogue.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I thought the complaint was that 4Chan wasn't so bad in itself, but rather the people who browsed 4Chan, at first.

• I thought this was going to be a general thread about how most people attribute something as horrible simply because of the reactions that surround it.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I thought the complaint was that 4Chan wasn't so bad in itself, but rather the people who browsed 4Chan, at first.

ISWYDT 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm glad you do, because I don't.

what the fuck does that even mean

• what the fuck does that even mean

Get with the times Juan, jeeze.

.... I don't know either.

I See What You Did There.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I See What You Did There.

He is saying that the complaint by Don Zabu is not about 4chan, but about its userbase; this is a use of irony, because this type of complaining is what Don Zabu is actually complaining about. That is the joke.

• That's layers of stuff that I didn't even think about as I typed it.

Wow, I suck at this.

He is saying that the complaint by Don Zabu is not about 4chan, but about its userbase; this is a use of irony, because this type of complaining is what Don Zabu is actually complaining about.

:|

And I guess that does seem kind of silly. It was just what I thought Don Zabu was complaining about at first, though, before he explained himself further.

• We really need to stop complaining on Don Zabu's wordings on his complaints.

Seriously guys, it's terrible.

• I too thought that was appropriately worded.

^^^^, ^^ He's not complaining about 4chan itself, though.

Also, what does that sun mean?

I know he's not complaining about 4Chan itself. I just thought that's what he was complaining about, before he explained what he was actually complaining about.