If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Seeing a single logo style repeated everywhere

edited 2012-06-18 20:00:15 in General
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Comments

• Blur Blur beats blip. How horrible.

• I thought of corporate logos like the one this article is about.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh darn, I recognize that Mohawk design on that page you just linked.

It's part of the logo for Wordly Wise 3000, a series of vocabulary-building workbooks.

• I always wondered about the thought process behind companies choosing such generic-looking logos for their products. Isn't part of the idea behind having a logo that it's, y'know, memorable?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What would you recommend for their logos?

• The old Polycom logo strikes me as being a more complex version of the logo of paper products company SCA. 

Evergreen and SCA fact: When I was in middle school or so, I would see an SCA paper towel dispenser in a certain bathroom at a college-campus day camp (it was the art building of the University of Hartford, to be specific. Top floor. Not like that really matters, but that building was hilariously grungy and dated at the time) and thought the logo was cool and the name mysterious and I made up a story. Like, it was actually some group "Siberian Cultural Anarchists" or something. Not sure what that even meant.