If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mimosas

2»

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Kudzu is particularly bad because the seeds can take several years to germinate.

• No rainbow star
    ...Ok, so Kudzu grows that much, is edible, and there are somehow still food shortages in parts of the world?
  • There are food shortages for all kinds of reasons EXCEPT that we don't have enough to feed everyone.

Starvation occurs because of political problems like war, poverty, and a lack of infrastructure to facilitate distribution.

We don't really need to EAT kudzu.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

We don't need to eat pigs, either.

And yet, bacon. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^See, the thing is, Kudzu grows that much in a place that doesn't have a food shortage at all.

^The difference there is that people want to eat pigs.

So, around a month ago, my dad and one of my neighbors cut down the giant mimosa trees that were putting out all the seeds. About a week ago, my dad noticed that the stumps were sprouting dozens of new trunks each, so he sprayed them with roundup. Today, he went back to check that they were dying. The leaves had fallen off, but the new growth still a healthy green color. And worse, I noticed that the logs were actually putting out trunks themselves, and evidently spreading seeds too, since small sprouts were coming up all around them.

So, not to sound alarmist, but my back yard is being invaded by zombie plants.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

it's dangerous to go alone

take this

250px-RedFlamethrowerTilt.png

• Seconding the "thought this thread was about the drink" sentiment.

• edited 2012-09-07 00:30:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@ClockworkUniverse: Welcome to ECOL 205 Invasive Species Control.

• No rainbow star

Kill it with fire?

Can't really use fire; it's in the middle of a massive forest.

• No rainbow star

...So what? 8D?

A massive forest that I live in.

• No rainbow star

...So what? 8D?

• edited 2012-09-08 00:15:26
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Bribe ask the local authorities before trying then. Also, double check your insurance coverage.