If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Yep, I have plenty of unflattering pics that suit the purpose and aren't that easy to cross-reference with my actual profile. I'm exaggerating some of my worst moments/idiotic beliefs I once held. 

• edited 2015-01-16 13:37:45
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Warning: involves politics.

So, there's been bit of a fuss recently as miners from some to-be-closed mines are protesting this decision. Since the prime minister is a woman (funnily enough her name translates to Digger), she's inevitably been compared to Margaret Thatcher. Which indirectly reminded me of something that's been happening in one of TVT's political threads not long ago.

You know what's the fun part when the topic of the fall of communism is brought up? When lefties are lining up to side with the frickin' Pope, because otherwise they might have found themselves forced to say something favourable about ole' Ronnie Raygun.

(note: events may be reflected inaccurately.) 

• Was having a discussion the other day that rioting instead of protesting never does any good, but the other person just stonewalled me the entire time. 

• Did they basically ignore that rioters and protesters aren't actually the same subset?

• I don't come here often enough to justify this, I worry, but call me a "she" right now.

• That explains your activity updates.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

The changes of avatars?

• edited 2015-01-18 19:01:46

You didn't notice that those say "her" now?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

As a matter of fact, I didn't. Haven't been paying attention to that.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

So Anonus and Central Ave are both girls? mental note, to archieve.

• Huh, I vaguely remember knowing they were trans(if my memory doesn't have them confused. Also there was another poster who was who doesn't post anymore). 

• So, there's been bit of a fuss recently as miners from some to-be-closed mines are protesting this decision. Since the prime minister is a woman (funnily enough her name translates to Digger), she's inevitably been compared to Margaret Thatcher. Which indirectly reminded me of something that's been happening in one of TVT's political threads not long ago.

Was it an iron mine? For further punning?

You know what's the fun part when the topic of the fall of communism is brought up? When lefties are lining up to side with the frickin' Pope, because otherwise they might have found themselves forced to say something favourable about ole' Ronnie Raygun.

I dun ged it. What does Reagan and the pope have to do with it? If it's that he and John Paul II are sometimes credited for the collapse of the USSR, they can credit somebody else, or mention how Gorbachov accidentally the Soviet Union.

You didn't notice that those say "her" now?

I never notice those. I only check what they say to see if somebody's a gurl or a dude.

^ coal. Feels like it might work for some other pun but I haven't yet come up with anything.

The rest goes like this: 

A) Reagan pulled USSR into an arms race while stealing the ground under their feet by talking the Saudis into quadrupling the oil output;

B) Pope acted as a catalyst for the appearance of popular umbrella movements objecting to the commie rule which were plain too numerous for the commies to cover up.

And yes, the more troubled try to avoid the issue by pinning the blame on Gorby.

• edited 2015-01-19 14:37:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Her name still doesn't beat that of Richie Farmer, a former secretary of agriculture in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the US.

edit: no, not Ritchie.  It's actually literally "Richie".

Back in the day, I've had religion lessons led by a guy called, in translation, Mr. Bishop.

• I'd say let them in anyway, if they behave stupidly it's easy enough to go DING DONG BANNU. 

• Huh, I vaguely remember knowing they were trans(if my memory doesn't have them confused. Also there was another poster who was who doesn't post anymore). 

The easy way to tell us apart was that I was a guy and Centie was a trans girl. But now I've been hit with gender issues myself...they kind of came out of nowhere. I feel kind of awkward talking about them here...

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Yes! That's what I remember, Central came out as trans back in TVT and that anonus was her bf. And I've gone cross-eyed.

• edited 2015-01-21 16:11:38

I gots me a cheapo drawing tablet. The pen apparently came faulty but nonetheless I'm loving it. I thought not looking at where you're drawing would be a huge setback, but it's not (not knowing how to draw well beforehand probably had to do with it), that said I still need to practice a lot to (digitally and in paper) be able to reliably sketch things. Hopefully it's also a good asset for saving in case I ever need to sell it.

Do we have some sort of a generic pencil-and-paper RPG thread?

Good to know. Now that I think of it, it isn't probably interesting enough for more than a mention, but I'll post that one post there. 

• Boohoo, it seems I got hacked on TV Tropes (perhaps accidentally through a glitch). I'll see if I can get somebody to help.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What do you mean you got hacked on TVT?

• That my password doesn't match my account (Stormtroper) and that it has a different avatar, signature and relationship status than it did before.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'd heard of old usernames being recycled, but...that's just weird.

• edited 2015-01-27 16:19:26
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Just for the record, if during the last couple of months any of you saw me outside of the Legend of Korra thread, then it wasn't me either.

• I'd heard of old usernames being recycled, but...that's just weird.

I once made a sockpuppet account that somehow was already Google Banned (perhaps somebody had got banned with it), meaning I'd get redirected for as long as I kept logged-in cookies, so I assumed I had somehow reached the sockpuppet limit and got myself banned. It took a while to figure out what was wrong.

I assume nobody has a reason or means to hack me, and the account has an avatar/title/signature that fits a stormtrooper, so I'd guess it's possible somebody simply made an account using my handle and somehow got accepted. I have to wait until tomorrow to post with a new handle, so...

On a far more important update, an aunt is in critical condition (cancer) and it doesn't seem like she's gonna make it.