If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• a little muffled

I discovered this morning that I got an offer on Friday for the TA position I applied for, with the deadline to respond being yesterday morning. FML.

I sent an apologetic email, but I'm not feeling optimistic...

• edited 2013-08-23 16:11:13

^ Good luck!

So there's this kitty who seems to like our yard. Yelps a lot. Fed it some milk. Gonna call it Dog.

• a little muffled

^ Good luck!
    It turned out my pessimism was replaced, and I most likely do have the job after all.

• a little muffled

did I really say "replaced" instead of "misplaced"

• No rainbow star

Getting up at 6 am so that I can leave the house at 7 am to move stuff into my room at 8 am

It is 12:45 am right now

Jeez, I am moving in about 6 hours

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Good luck with everything!

• No rainbow star
    Thanks

So I need to fill out a move in report before moving all my stuff in

And apparently, staff can enter my room at any time. Since I sleep naked... That could be fun /s

• did I really say "replaced" instead of "misplaced"

Yes, but given that you have the job, I'm sure it was replaced as well.

• Back from camp, laptop is at the shop so will be posting a lot less for a brief period.

Semester's starting this monday.

• edited 2013-08-24 10:05:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I have to decide whether I want to attend AnimeUSA.  It's in mid-September.

$55 for admission at this point.

If I can somehow piece together a group of 8 to go to AUSA, admission will be $46.75 (per person).  And I might be able to get friends to come with me to AUSA.

Well, I might be able to get friends on board anyhow, but if there aren't at least 8 cobbled together from among everyone in the club, there's no discount.

There are four people who I know want to attend AUSA at this point, including myself.  The club usually has 20-30 people, possibly more at the first meeting, which is on August 30 (and one day before the deadline to get the $55/$46.75 rate).  But enthusiasm for AUSA doesn't usually run very high; people tend to care more about attending Katsucon in the spring.  At least, the old guard is like that.

• > Going to AnimeUSA where there's no ZUN

> Not going to Anime Week Atlanta where there's ZUN

I can't, prohibitive cost of travel and timing.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Fun thing, I accidentally discovered what's Miss Anne been up to all this time. It's both what I did and what I did not expect.

• No rainbow star
    Well, I'm moved in
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^ Really? Tell us.

^ Good to hear!

• > Going to AnimeUSA where there's no ZUN

> Not going to Anime Week Atlanta where there's ZUN

> Caring about ZUN

• >Implying ZUN exists

• No rainbow star

Ironweaver: Thanks! Not everything is unpacked yet, but hey, I'm moved in

• >Implying ZUN exists

well, he exists, it's just that the games attributed to him don't.

• Well, it depends if you define ZUN as "some drunkard from Japan" or "the creator of Touhou". If the latter, then it's only logical to conclude that he does not, in fact, exist.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

@Naas: it's Anne Beeche, why I call her this way is a sort of bilingual joke.

• If people want to claim that some drunkard from Japan made a game series, and he wants to continue the joke by pretending he made it, I don't think this makes him not exist.

Aaand, since I already mentioned our old friends: how old should Chagen be, by now? Around the voting age already?

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Wait, is this some Touhou in-joke or did this ZUN guy actually steal the credit for creating a long running shmup franchise?

I don't know cause I haven't played Touhou.

• I'm confused too. And I wasn't able to find any information that might clear this up.

...also, meanwhile in Poland: a naked man, not reacting to any attempts at conversation and reading the Bible instead, was sitting in his Dutch plates-bearing car, which he parked in front of a church and according to witnesses he didn't leave since yesterday. 

If you can't make any sense out of this sentence, neither do I. I'm split over whether it's a result of mental illness or a bet.

• a little muffled

It's not a Touhou in-joke; "Touhou does not exist" is an old TV Tropes meme.