If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Apparently Adult Swim is reviving Toonami

edited 2012-05-16 21:10:54 in Media
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Comments

• I sure hope it manages to get more people interested in anime, if Japanese animation wants to have a future anywhere outside Japan it needs to seek out new audiences.

• I never saw Toonami (I don't remember, at least), but I love this video to death:

• I will only get excited for the new Toonami when the lineup is announce and there's something good on it. 

• Definitely not gay.

COWBOY BEBOP :D

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Toonami's official schedule has not been announced, but ANN observed that TV Guidelists the following schedule for May 27:

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
    12:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist
    1:00 a.m. - Durarara!!
    1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    2:00 a.m. - FLCL
    2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop
    3:00 a.m. - Bleach
    3:30 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    4:00 a.m. - Bleach
    4:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    5:00 a.m. - Durarara!!
    5:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

Provided the listing is accurate, it seems Toonami might blend some of its classic lineup with newer shows.

• Definitely not gay.

oh man

i was hoping for kodomo no jikan

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^ALL OF MY WAAAAAAAAAANNNNT. Except for Bleach.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

12:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist
    1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I love FMA, but I'm not sure airing these at the same time is a good idea.

• You can change. You can.

I think it might be interesting to watch them back to back to compare them, but I can see where you're coming from.

• I'm a damn twisted person

So basically same old same old with their series selection. Yawn. It would be nice to see the pursue the license for something newer or something that they haven't played to death already.

• Never watched it since I don't live in the US, so what's all the hubbub about this Toonami thing?

• You can change. You can.

It was basically the only way to legally watch chinese cartoons. Or at least, it was here, anyway, besides national networks during saturday mornings.

and you could only watch that animu about the grimm brothers' tales in it. and DBZ. And Captain Tsubasa. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

also steve blum

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-17 06:14:09

There's a possibility that more shows could be added to the line-up. I believe Viz hinted at Tiger and Bunny being aired on the revived block.

• In the UK, Toonami was a channel. And it was awesome.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Those shows have already been on, so I would imagine that they'll have something new for Toonami. Then I might actually watch Adult Swim again.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

From the looks of it, they're bringing out all their "greatest hits" for the initial lineup, and will probably go for other stuff if the block is successful.

• I believe Viz hinted at Tiger and Bunny being aired on the revived block.

That would be excellent, since Tiger and Bunny was ridiculously good and also ridiculously appropriate to have on Toonami.

But the schedule as it appears to be now... is boring.  But of course yeah, they'd most likely be planning to introduce new shows later so...

I dunno, it doesn't really matter, I'm not even going to watch it anyway so