If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

800 lb Bride Hopes to Become Fattest Woman Ever (update:not anymore)

edited 2013-05-24 23:28:59 in Meatspace

Seriously.

Most brides have specific ideas about their wedding dress, such as style, fabric and design, but bride-to-be Susanne Eman was also particular about another facet: color.

"I like an off-whitish, not completely white. Because if I wear completely white, I guarantee I'm going to spill something on it," Eman told Inside Edition.

That could happen to any bride, but, to be fair, the odds of making a mess on a wedding gown increase exponentially when you're 800 pounds like Eman, whose average caloric intake is 30,000 calories a day.

Eman is currently on a quest to become the fattest woman ever, beating the 1200 pound mark once held by Rosalie Bradford, who died in 2006,

Starving yourself to achieve a specific body shape isn't exactly healthy, but going the absolute extreme of the exact opposite like this is asking to die. Apparently, she's been going at this for a while, there are a few older articles from last year.  This is pretty much suicidal here.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...HOW many people could her intake feed?
  • Try not to think about it.
  • Definitely not gay.

mustnotmakesnorlaxjokemustnotmakesnorlaxjoke

• I believe the phrase "jesus christ how horrifying" is thoroughly relevant.

• They're somethin' else.

AH WASH MAHSELF WITH A RAYAG AWN A STIIIIIIICK.

• edited 2012-05-11 07:44:50

@Bee Your post is showing up blank for me.

Anyway, according to the article, her husband-to-be is actually helping her along with this... "quest". I also found this piece which contrasts coverage of Eman's wedding with that of Manuel Uribe, and attributes the way Eman is decribed like a freak show to sexism or something. Um, hello, there's also the fact that Uribe wasn't trying to become impossibly obese and endanger his life even further.

Seriously, this is... far from anything smart to do. Quote from an older article:

‘I want to break the stigma that being fat is a bad thing,’ she said. ‘I remind other fat people that it is OK for them to be that way.

‘The message I want to get across is for people to accept others for who they are.’

How does this get across the message of accepting others the way they are? She's deliberately making herself obese to such an extent. This is no less extreme than a person starving themselves to lose weight, just in the exact opposite direction, and quite far in that direction to boot.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    This is no less extreme than a person starving themselves to lose weight, just in the exact opposite direction.

Pretty sure it's just as harmful, too.

• Everyone needs a project, I guess.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I've heard of this sort of thing before, but that woman's still an asshat. Never mind her horrific and unhealthy size; all that food . . .
  • I'm a damn twisted person

For reference, her caloric intake could feed 15-20 people assuming the normal dieting range of between 1500-2000 calories a day. 

All I can say is that for her inevitable funeral, many accommodations would have to be made.

They'd have to burn down the house she dies in if they ever hope to keep her dignity.

• No rainbow star

^^ That really makes this sick :<

• You can change. You can.

All I can say is that for her inevitable funeral, many accommodations would have to be made.

but all funerals are inevitable

• @Bee Your post is showing up blank for me.

Not missing anything, just a pithy WHY macro.

All I can say is that for her inevitable funeral, many accommodations would have to be made.

...UGH.  My first thought was "how many extra pallbearers" and now I feel like a terrible, terrible person.  :(

• No rainbow star

^ As you should!

Expecting people to lift that heavy load! OBVIOUSLY they would use a forklift!

• Or, just pull a Gilbert Grape and burn her house down. :p

• but all funerals are inevitable

It's very possible to die and never have a funeral, you know.

^^ That's exactly what I just said >:l

• It's good that she went with an off-white dress instead of white. Completely white would not be very flattering.

But seriously, why? I could understand wanting to break the stigma of being overweight; people can be overweight but healthy because they still exercise and eat right. I get that--it's just in their genes to be large.

But it's not in anyone's genes to weigh over one thousand pounds, unless you're an elephant.

• edited 2013-05-24 17:30:47

(bump because I recently found out something else, and this site can use more activity anyway)

So apparently, she decided to start losing weight and has been admitted into a weight loss facility thanks to Dr. Phil. I'm not sure when that happened since I only recently found out after hearing about it on another board. A shame that her site still says "from BBW to SSBBW to BIGGEST EVER" in the description.

(note: the main page on her site has one pic that might be nsfw, but the bio page I linked to is safe)

In case anybody's wondering why this came up on another board, well, apparently some other woman by the name of Tammy Jung has been making news in her quest for ginormous girth. I don't wanna link to anything about that though, because blech.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Protip: the phrase "you only live once" is supposed to mean "use your life as wisely as possible", not "use your life as stupidly as possible".

•  

Protip: the phrase "you only live once" is supposed to mean "use your life as wisely as possible", not "use your life as stupidly as possible"

Not really, there's several accepted definitions for the terms.