If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yes, but...sports games have literally nothing to do with this.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Games like Starcraft, DotA, Battlefield and so on are e-sports games. Basically games that are used for organised competitive events, irrespective of genre. 

• There is love everywhere, I already know

YES

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Speedruns should be a category of e-sports.

People don't make money from speedruns.

• edited 2013-02-22 02:29:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://www.carpefulgur.com/forum/index.php?topic=2328.msg0

I want to highlight this thread over at the Carpe Fulgur forums.  It's about PC gaming in Japan.

You should join there if you want to comment.  Especially if you're a fan of Recettear, Chantelise, or Fortune Summoners!

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Also, speedruns aren't shown on TV and don't take up large stadiums.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2013-02-22 06:50:10

I tried out the Monster Hunter Ultimate demo last night.

I'm overall unfamiliar with Monster Hunter and its brand of action, so I faltered the first few times(the Great Sword is just too plodding to use), but once I got a good feel of how the controls worked and tried out the sword and shield, I beat that stupid koala-polar bear's icy ass, though not without chasing after it across half the map. Honestly, I think I'll buy both versions of it if that discount on Amazon is still there, because I liked it!

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Monster Hunter is very definitely a deliberately-paced and slowish game, based on boss battles that take 10-30 minutes or so. One of the things you come to learn is that the sword and shield don't upgrade in damage enough in relation to increasing enemy HP values, making other weapons more efficient and more effective when it comes to retaining survivability (based on the idea that shorter battles leave you with less time to be defeated).

I'm pretty partial to the switch-axe myself. No blocking, but it can dish out stupid damage in sword mode or opt for mobility in axe mode. It forces you to dodge carefully, but you can use those dodges to gain positional advantages, too, leaving you with a more efficient method of laying down the pain. Fuck yeah switch-axe. 

• edited 2013-02-22 08:08:44
    There is love everywhere, I already know

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Just played Journey for the first time, with a random stranger. Wow.

Besides the fact that the game is beautiful and the music is amazing, I genuinely felt a connection to the person I played with. I had to leave to go to class and I was a little sad that I couldn't even say good bye...

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

So Gratuitous Space Battles is pretty cheap on Steam, with $4.74. http://store.steampowered.com/app/41800/

Is the game worth it? I'm a guy who likes science fiction, and I like Homeworld.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    http://

yumenikki.net/

Oh boy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122315-Ubisoft-Wants-to-Please-PC-Gamers

hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahahahhahahahhaha

ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhaha

ahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhah

• Seriously makes me wonder if they'll have it out in time for November or something.

• edited 2013-02-22 15:05:04
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I don't see why not. The OS seems to be made, as does the controller. All they actually have to do is build a PC to run it on, put a cool-looking box around it, then mass-produce it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

On the note of the PS4, got a fun little email from Amazon.

"Alice, Discover the Sony PlayStation 4 console now. As the first in the next generation of consoles, the PS4 features high-end specs such as PC-style architecture, X86 CPU, 8GB of unified memory and HDD local storage. With glorious visuals and a number of incredible launch titles announced, including Diablo III, Knack and Destiny, make sure to sign up to find out more about PlayStation 4."

Apparently the Wii U ceased to exist at some point. Also, Diablo 3 on consoles sounds terrible.

• Also, Diablo 3 on consoles sounds terrible.

Who knows? Maybe they'll actually make it so that you don't have to be online at all times to play the console version? Ya, wishful thinking, I know, but it's still a nice thought.

So, bought the five main games in the MGS saga. Just started 1.

• You can change. You can.

...five? Peace Walker?

• While that abridged PS4 presentation is pretty funny overall, I don't understand the part at 1:13-14 where the guy's just going "Gafgafgafgafgafgaf..." Is he referring to NeoGAF or what?

Yes, Peace Walker. It is considered a "main game" at least by Kojima.

• You can change. You can.

Fair enough.

What little I played of it a couple years ago was pretty good.

Also Paz <3

• But you never had any to begin with.

Oh Paz, Paz, Paz...

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

http://
    yumenikki.net/

holy shit why is no one talking about this what the fuck

I'd go on Uboachan and ask about it but I can't figure out imageboard interface for the life of me.

holy shit why is no one talking about this what the fuck

What do you expect us to say? "That sure is a countdown?"

• edited 2013-02-22 20:01:42
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Never mind, forgot what site I was on for a minute.

(I meant people in general for the record, nohay's post is the first I've heard of it)