If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to talk about Mass Effect, but I haven't played the third game

edited 2012-04-26 02:32:16 in Media
smote

I beat Mass Effect 2 about 24 hours ago. And I just now double-checked to make sure everyone survived (I was pretty sure they had, but I saw someone fall over in a cutscene and the ending cinematic only about half the team posing). So I'm pumped and want to fanboy about it, but with everyone else fresh off Mass Effect 3 I don't think I can without running into spoilers. I managed to be more or less totally unspoiled for the first two, which I'm pretty surprised about considering what an avid spoiler hound I am otherwise, and don't want to ruin that streak for the last game.

So I suppose I must, for once, suppress my rapidly growing fannish enthusiasm, at least for the nonce. However, I will say this: omnitools are fantastic and I want one.

Comments

• edited 2012-04-26 10:38:44
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You have unfortunate timing; 3 was on sale for half price on Tuesday.

Have you done Shadow Broker and Arrival?
  • Kichigai birthday!!

When you finish 3 you won't want to talk about Mass Efect anymore

• ^^ Seriously? Damn. I apparently missed a 75% off sale for ME2 the week before I bought it, too.

Haven't done any of the DLC yet; looking forward to Shadow Broker though. Thinking of skipping the Arrival, is that a bad idea?

^ So I keep hearing :P
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's a very bad idea. You will have no idea what the hell is going on at the start of 3 if you skip it.

• Huh. Thanks for the tip, then. I wanted to skip it because my understanding is there's no way to finish it without making Shepard a mass murderer, and I don't want to do that to her D: But I suppose I'll just deal with it.

Well, the alternative is that your Shep becomes a mass murderer offscreen, so...:/

You have pretty damn good reasons though.

• I'm a damn twisted person

And besides, they are a bunch of Batarians. Nobody really likes them, since they are like the assholes of the galaxy.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I didn't like the Batarians very much, and it seems ME3 didn't, either. 

• I actually haven't seen that many spoilers about the body of ME3.  Probably because the ending invalidated everything that happened in the middle 40+ hours of the game anyway.

• Back in Black

That's a very bad idea. You will have no idea what the hell is going on at the start of 3 if you skip it.

UGH!  Fuck me, how am I supposed to do this shit with such shitty internet and no Xbox LIVE? 

Fuck you, internet.  Fuck you. 

I guess you could like read a summary or something. Actually playing it only changes one line, and it's not actually very good.

Want me to summarize the DLCs in a spoilerbox?

• Back in Black

No, I actually want to play this shit. 

Eh.  I guess by the time I get to college and get a hold of good wi-fi everything will be on sale since whatever the new Xbox is will be out.  Yay? 

• - still holding off on getting a desktop that can actually run the last segment of the first game

• I didn't know not playing would massively effect things like this.

• ^ Too eezo-y.

• So I tried out the ME 3 demo earlier, and it turns out it actually runs quite well on this machine. A bit of slowdown, but not even as bad as in ME1. I'm pleased and surprised by this.

I picked up the Shadow Broker DLC last night and played the first chunk, pretty good stuff. After that and The Arrival I can get ME3 and...hm. Maybe I'll just play multiplayer a lot until that extended cut shows up.

Maybe I'll just play multiplayer a lot until that extended cut shows up

Extended cut will only alter things starting at the end of the last mission, so you could reasonably play up until a mission past the point of no return without running into any...interesting plot developments.

• Have a nice cold BREW!

• On my way back from the Shadow Broker's Lair, I stumbled on a mission with a bunch of YMIR mechs. After Leeroy Jenkins-ing it twice, horribly, I switched to the Cain--the nuke I'd built but had never used. Figured it would soften them up a bit. I held down the trigger, and the next thing I knew "Hold F to exit the mission" was on the screen. It had vaporized every single enemy on the map, each of whom was practically a miniboss in and of itself. It was beautiful.

The first time I used the Cain, I was on the mission to recruit Samara, and thus indoors.

Using the Cain indoors: bad idea.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

But an entertaining bad idea. 

God, I love the Cain. I haven't used it since my first playthrough of ME2, but it has a special place in my heart. 

• edited 2012-05-06 11:53:30
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The moment when you finally get to use the Cain in ME3 is pretty awesome.

It gets an upgrade ^_^

• I'm a damn twisted person

I just loved oneshotting the reaper fetus with it. 

That's almost as good as the one time you use it in ME3.

• Finally got Mass Effect 3. Been playing multiplayer so far, and it's a blast.

Multiplayer is awesome. PC or Xbox?

• PC.

Hmm...it looks like for some reason it didn't save the results of the last match I played. That's mildly irritating.

Odd.

Anyway, I'm ClockworkReapers on Origin if you want to add me.