If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"She rejected his public marriage proposal in front of hundreds of people? What a bitch!"

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Juan - This is just one of many ways in which I have been corrupted by TVTropes. You just can't unsee those tropes...

captain brass picard of the corrupt tvt collective

Why pull this off if you aren't sure of the answer she'll give anyway? Even if you don't give two shits about pressuring the other, why would you take the risk of public humiliation if it goes wrong?

I think that he was sure it'd happen. It's just that being sure doesn't mean being right. 

I do think a marriage proposal sort of needs a grandiose gesture or cute timing, since it's a symbolic and aesthetical thing in itself, but this screen proposal style seem so overused as to make it completely impersonal(unless of course they're both sports fans).

And I sorta agree, too, but the thing is, it's putting the pressure on her about a life changing question, and she or anybody simply doesn't need that.

• Not you Juan, I meant Crake.

• You can change. You can.

i still wanted to make that joke, so. :p

• edited 2012-04-14 17:05:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Doing a proposal like that is a complete dick move.

Yeah, if I were the girl being proposed to I might say no just for the fact that this guy who is my potential spouse can be so inconsiderate as to totally embarrass me and put me on the spot like that.  I'd want a guy who's got a better sense of timing.

I wouldn't tell him never if I actually liked him, but I would tell him to come back later and try again, preferably not freakin' in public.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, if I were the girl being proposed to I might say no just for the fact that this guy who is my potential spouse can be so inconsiderate as to totally embarrass me and put me on the spot like that.

Same. In fact, I'd consider that grounds for insta-dumping.