If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Trials and Tribulations of Sexy Garchomp

edited 2012-04-10 20:25:26 in Wonderful posts
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Comments

• edited 2012-04-11 06:22:50
    Definitely not gay.

GARCHOOOMP

YOU'LL NEVER BE AS COOL AS SALAMENCE

• I'm a damn twisted person

But Salamence looks really lame. Like seriously, a kid's idea of what makes a dragon look cool. And it's not a problem with Gen 3, since that gave use Flygon and Rayquaza. 

• Definitely not gay.

Your opinion is wrong and Salamence will burn down your house and eat your kids

• Has friends besides tanks now

Out of the pseudos, I like Garchomp the best. Salamence looks way too generic.

• Definitely not gay.

Actually, I have a preference for Hydreigon myself.

• edited 2012-04-11 10:20:51
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hydreigon's my next favorite, but its design is a little much. Garchomp is dynamic, but it also has a definite core idea behind it, appearance-wise. Don't know how Ground is a fitting secondary type for it, but eh.

• a little muffled

I think my favourite of them is Tyranitar. Or maybe it actually is Salamence. My tastes are generic.

The coolest dragon is clearly Altaria Mistform Ultimus Flygon though.

• edited 2012-04-11 17:36:51
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

As far as pseudo-legends go:

Tyranitar>Dragonite>Volcarona>Garchomp>Hydreigon>Haxorus>Metagross>Salamence.

• edited 2012-04-11 17:28:29
    a little muffled

Oh yeah, I forgot Metagross. It's pretty sweet too.

Haxorus and Volcarona aren't pseudo-legendary though.

You forgot Hydreigon!

Garchomp>Hydreigon>Metagross>Salamence>Dragonite>Tyranitar
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Tyranitar>Garchomp>Flygon>Hydreigon>Metagross>Dragonite>Salamence

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Tyranitar>Metagross>>>>everything else

Why does everyone like Tyranitar?! He's got those tiny, awkward arms, and he's a weather inducer!
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Exactly! He's like a magic T-Rex!

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^He's motherfucking Godzilla, except he can shoot sand out of his belly.

• a little muffled

He's got those tiny, awkward arms, and he's a weather inducer!

Someone started with fifth gen.

^^^ They could at least make him look more like one, then.

^^ But I don't like sand. D:

^ That's actually the only generation I haven't played.

They could at least make him look more like one, then.

Kinda hard when you cross him over with a Tarasque.

• a little muffled

@Everest:

^ That's actually the only generation I haven't played.

I meant competitive-wise. My point was, Tyranitar was badass as fuck for three generations before everyone decided they hated weather.

Didn't people hate weather before this generation, too? At least, I'd imagine they did.

But in all honesty, my qualms with it are really more with its appearance. Tyranitar just looks silly, I don't care what he's supposed to be based on.

>implying this isn't the most fuckawesome design ever

• a little muffled

Didn't people hate weather before this generation, too? At least, I'd imagine they did.

Keep in mind that before fifth gen, Drizzle and Drought were confined to ubers and Sand Rush didn't exist. Weather teams were barely even a thing. Sandstorm showed up fairly often, but mostly just because Tyranitar was so awesome.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Mind you, last gen Sandstorm was popular because it introduced that Sp. Def boost to Rock types and because Steel was a dominating type (which Sandstorm compliments).

• a little muffled

Well, sand was the mainstream weather. But even then, it was more of a synergy you'd build into your team than the main focus the majority of the time.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is that a blue necktie?? lol

• Definitely not gay.

TYRANITAR'S GEN V SPRITE IS NOTSOGOOD

AT ANY RATE, HERE'S MY LIST

HYDREIGON>GARCHOMP>TYRANITAR>SALAMENCE>METAGROSS>DRAGONITE

• Tyranitar was one of my faves back in Gen II.

And yeah, anything is better than Dragonite.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Dragonite is a really tough boss in Gen 1 if you don't have an ice-type mon.  My solution to it was graveler's annoyingly inaccurate rock throw alternated with hyper potions, thanks to hyper beam's recharge time.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Dragonite is fine in every aspect except the visual. I don't care how good a pokemon's stats, ability and moves are, if it looks dumb I don't want to use it beyond catching/evolving it to fill out the pokedex.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

Am I the only one here who likes Dragonite's design?

He's like a majestic Barney of Death. :c