If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bronies React to Teens React to MLP: FIM

edited 2012-03-24 19:22:42 in Webspace
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

This is a video about how little kids shouldn't be allowed to watch My Little Pony because straight white nerd guys have decided that hijacking one of the few children's shows for little girls that doesn't suck empowers them.  

These are the two top-rated comments.

"Pssh, silly girls. I'd love to have a brony boyfriend. Nice guys who love and tolerate everyone...? Yeah, I can see why you'd rather have some idiot caveman then that."

"so much faggotry in here wow...."

Please, IJBM. Find some way to stop me from killing myself.

Comments

• Forget it Country Pumpkin, it's Bronytown.

• >*watches vid*

Yeah, both sides are a tad awful, what with the return accusations of femininity for the hair-coloured dude, but I can't really read the how-little-kids-shouldn't-be-allowed-to-watch-it vibe into it.

• The video they're reacting to:

All they showed these teens was the intro. That's hardly a fair shake.

• I think this entire reacting-to-reacting-to-reactions pissholery can be summed up with a good

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    can't we just agree that everyone is stupid and have done with it
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, it's teenagers. You expect teenagers to be dumb, really.

• Forzare said all that needs to be said.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Puh-retty much.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

On the one hand you have stupid teenagers, and on the other you have petulant and misogynist manchildren who feel superior to little girls because they "get" children's programs more thoroughly than the target demographic ever possibly could. But to be fair to the bronys, 

• >who feel superior to little girls etc.

While that brand of idiocy does pop up in the fandom, it isn't that pronounced in the video safe for perhaps the bro who yaps on about brony babies. Petulance, yes, manchildism, mildly. 

*plasters laptop with MLP stickers while plastered himself*

• edited 2012-03-24 22:10:43

^^ What, the one guy? Who may or may not have been joking/taking the piss out of the whole thing about little girls not getting it?

• Right now I'm looking for a good "I don't give a fuck" animated gif to express my feelings on the matter.

•  

Something like this? 

• They're somethin' else.

Fuck is this shit?

• In their defense the kids in the original videos were judgmental assholes.

As teenage boys so often are, but I prefer not to generalize age groups.

• I remember when this phenomenon happened and the subject was called Pokemon.

• Yeah, I tried to be the hipster that shunned that one.  Look where that got me.