If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who cherish negative feedback as much as positive feedback

edited 2012-03-23 11:50:47 in General

In other words: narcissists.

Comments

• edited 2012-03-23 12:04:58
    I'm a damn twisted person

Aren't we just being snidely reductionist this morning? And infuriatingly minimalist as well.

I disagree with your position(what little there is for me to observe anyways). To an artist anybody practicing a skill or improving their craft, negative feedback has a reason for being useful - the fact that it points out what you are doing wrong. What you are doing that confuses or annoys or the very worst thing an artist can do, bores their audience. Granted there is a lot of it that is completely missing the point or expecting it to be something it really isn't, but you can glean a lot of useful info from negative feedpack. Positive feedback just tells you what you did right.

Granted they are much more useful when used together. Imagine you are writing the first draft a paper for a foreign language class. You get it back with your score and are told to improve it. What will help you more, the teacher only pointing out what you did wrong, the teacher only pointing out what you did right, or a combination of the two?

• You can change. You can.

you know, short sentences do not make an argument

holy fuck alk came out of nowhere and beat me to the punch :(

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

If you troll, your victims' negative feedback is your positive.

• I'm talking about the sort of folks who cherish, for its own sake, hatemail as much as fanmail, not artists trying to improve their craft.

• edited 2012-03-23 12:19:49
    I'm a damn twisted person

No, in that scenario you are just having fun being a jerk.

DonZabu - See I might have known that and responded as such if you had said so in your OP instead of just giving a next to useless one sentence to start off the conversation. The moral of the story, clarify and elaborate in the first place so you don't have to do it later, because people aren't internet psychics who will divine what you actually mean through one short complaint.

you are becoming that which you hate, Zabu.

• DarthZabu confirmed.

well, more like MyrmZabu, but whatever.

• That's more like me.

• >David Prowse

>Scottish

ALL OF MY RAGE! 

• But you never had any to begin with.

Bristol is in Scotland now? I didn't realise I was Scottish!