If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire The Masquerade proper.

edited 2012-03-20 18:00:56 in General
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's an unnaturally warm night for March. Pundits are going on about global warming and energy emissions, while crazier radio hosts go on about reptilians under the earth's surface. 

It's on this muggy night, with rainclouds threateningly coming overhead that Prince Hans DeWitt has summoned three neonates to his office in the Venture Corporation building. The building itself is impressive, but unwelcoming. It is a fortress of stainless steel, with tazer-wielding guards and nobility that sneer at you if you're not up to snuff and literally eat you alive.

Oh, and it has vampires in it.

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Warren DeSanta stands silent and emotionless, with his hands in the pockets of his black leather jacket. He wears mid-length black hair spiked forward, a decorative bandana around his neck, inverted cross earrings, and jeans. He's very bulky, and fairly tall, as well. Doesn't look very friendly, but it's hard to say.
  • No rainbow star
    Paul leaned back against a wall, bored. He brushed his dirty blonde hair out of his eyes and sighed, rolling his hazel eyes. "Why the hell does he want to see us?"

He stood up straight and walked around a bit in his black sneakers - despite having a decent amount of wealth, they were the fanciest shoes he bothered to get. His jeans were somewhat good quality and he had a white shirt on under his black jacket.
  • edited 2012-03-20 18:22:22

The security guard looks DeSanta up and down. He's tall, bald, and rather muscular. "Shouldn't there be one more of you?"

• edited 2012-03-20 18:25:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Mark Reynolds impatiently waits, his arms crossed. A hair below average height, he has long, messy black hair, a byproduct of his time away from society. Never one to worry too much about appearances, he wears blue jeans and a black button-down shirt.

He lifts a hand in a bored half-wave to thesecurity guard. "Here."
    At the guard's question, Warren looks up at the ceiling, slack-jawed, and then looks back to the guard and shrugs, failing to notice the others in the room.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The guard looks over to Mark. "Guess you're all here then." The guard clicks on the intercom. "Mister DeWitt, your... guests are here." Even the security guards believe they're better than you, here. 

"Send them up." Came DeWitt's voice in an unmistakable New England accent, and an elevator opened.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Mark steps into the elevator and leans against the back without a word.
    Warren does the same.
  • No rainbow star
    Paul followed quietly

The elevator took awhile to reach where it was going. Eventually the group came to an office that could have easily fit in any of their apartment in it and still have space for a tv room. The walls were adorned with various antiques and artifacts, though the most striking was the battle saber and dueling pistols from behind the prince's desk.

"Come in, come in." said the prince in a friendly tone. He was at average height with dirty blonde hair and was dressed in business casual clothing. "You're the newest of the kindred I've heard so much about. Your primogen have all had good things to say about you, indeed and it's why I've decided to give you some true work, and a chance to prove yourselves in the eye of our society.

"You see, my childe Cassandra was working on some occult research at Miskatonic University. She was collaborating with Professor Bainbridge over some things happening in a nearby small town. Your job is to see if you can find any evidence of where she went.

"Let me stress that this is not a rescue mission. You are to go to the University to speak with Bainbridge at  the university first and report all your findings to him. Then we shall have the Sheriff and the hounds deal with what you. Heroics or attempts to impress will do anything but. Any questions?"

When he heard about the assignment, Mark looked surprised. This sort of thing was far more up his alley than anything he was expecting.

At the prince's question, he shakes his head.

• No rainbow star
    "No need to worry about heroics from me. I didn't get to where I am in life by sticking my neck out for others"
    "None, sir."
  • edited 2012-03-20 19:49:14

The prince gives a friendly smile that looks as though he's only seen such things described in books. "Very well. There is a cab waiting outside. It will take you the university. Professor Bainbridge should be finishing one his night classes soon." 

The prince pours a decanter of what looks like red wine into a glass and downs it in one sip.

• edited 2012-03-20 20:04:07
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Warren nods unaffectedly to Prince DeWitt, and then to Mark and Paul samely. Isn't sure about Paul.
  • No rainbow star
    Paul began to walk to the door. "Well you two? Let's not keep the man waiting for info"

Mark nods and follows Paul.

Realizing that he hasn't started walking yet, Warren follows last.

As they come to the cabbie, a black man with dreadlocks is sitting in the driver seat. "'Ey mon! You de cats headed to the college?" He seems to be studying the three of you up and down, as though looking past you. "Name's Gibbs. If you need a ride through de city, I'm yer mon."

"That's us. Nice to meet you, Gibbs. I'm Mark."

"That's us," Warren says as he tightens his bandana and moves. He has a feeling Paul will call shotgun.
  • No rainbow star
    "I'm Paul"
    "Right. Ny name. 'S Warren. Nice to meet you."

The cab was a little cramped but fit you. "Just have to be sure you know. De Prince'd have me ass if ye didn' get to the professor. Good timin' though. I'm just gettin' off me shift and I've got a class to take there meself."

The ride goes rather smoothly while Gibbs gabs on about the masters program and how he can only work nights for various reason until they come to the University.

The building you come to is large and ornate, all clearly grandfathered in from nineteenth century architecture. On the side of the door is a plaque that reads 'Carter Hall'. and the lights are only on in one room.

• edited 2012-03-20 20:33:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Mark thanks Gibbs for the ride and gets out.

"I guess the lit room would be a good place to start looking?"

• edited 2012-03-20 20:36:03
    Has friends besides tanks now

Warren plays with his tongue piercing--yes, he has one of those, too--while Gibbs talks about his time at the university, as if no one else was in the car.

Once they reach the building, Warren responds to Mark with, "Probably."

• No rainbow star
    Paul walked up to the doors and tried to open them

There is some resistance but it opens.

The hallways is very different from the exterior. The building is incredibly sleek and modern, lacking the character that the brickwork outside gave it.

From a few rooms away you can hear. "The bones here have some mysterious markings that still stump forensic experts, biologists, zoologists, and archaeologists to this day. There are some who theorize that thee bites were made by werewolves of all things."

Polite laughter could be heard afterwards.

Mark points in that direction. "So, that way, I guess?"

• No rainbow star
    Paul was already headed that way, keeping up a brisk pace