If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Trendy bandwagony phonies vs. arrogant non conformist douchebags

edited 2012-03-08 02:26:06 in General
They're somethin' else.

Who's worse?

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The people who have a stick up their arse about them.

• Why's there necessarily a dichotomy between phonies and people who cultivate a non-conformist attitude?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

We all know that being a hipster is mainstream now. This dichotomy is, like, so 2004.

• edited 2012-03-08 07:38:17
    But you never had any to begin with.

People who make false dichotomies.

• Automatically assuming you know one's personality from their taste in whatever.

• If I didn't know any better, I'd assume this thread was riffing on the chaos surrounding Kony 2012 this week. Actually, I don't know better, and maybe it is!

• edited 2012-03-08 12:16:09
    They're somethin' else.

You got me, Evergreen.

Yes, I hate trends as much as the next person, but I find people who let their opposition define who their are just as bad, if not worse.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Dr StrangeHipster: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love pop culture.

• They're somethin' else.

^ I'd watch it.

And I will call you hipster scum for watching it.

Rule #1 of Pop culture. You can't win.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I don't really have anything to say on the topic except that I read "phonies" as "ponies" >.>

Somebody make Holden Caulfield pony. His cutie mark can be a carousel horse. Which Is kinda gruesome by pony standards really.

• You can change. You can.

Pony!Holden is the worst thought. And I'm pretty sure the internet must have done it already.

• >Who's worse?

The people that are both. :|

>2012

>Not hating everyone equally

i seriously hope you guys etc etc

I can think of worse thoughts Juan. Pony!Borges. Pony!Hemmingway. Pony!Fitzgeralds

• But you never had any to begin with.

Pony!Pol Pot?

>Pony derail
    >BOOOOOOOOORING

• Hemmingway would become Hemminghay. I'm sure the others can also be clunkily punned.

Also, predictabo: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5306/5843071000_3298bc87dc.jpg

• edited 2012-03-08 14:14:15
    I'm a damn twisted person

You want a better derail, make a better thread where the core question of the OP will not be answered in roughly three posts, thus exhausting interest.

edit: clarity

Make a better thread, with a non cache'd derail as the desired end result?

• Make a snowclone: derails vs. IJBMs phrased in a way that doesn't invite discussion

It's kinda cute how much you criticise me for being sarcastically dismissive, Schitzo. Especially in light of this.

• edited 2012-03-08 15:19:08

"If I didn't know any better, I'd assume this thread was riffing on the chaos surrounding Kony 2012 this week. Actually, I don't know better, and maybe it is!"

The actual reasons for why people hold these positions would have been a lot more interesting as a topic, since it leads people to donate money to support military intervention in Uganda and all that entails. Not to mention the suspicious business going on behind the scenes. And yet Schitzo reduces all this to such an intellectually insulting false dichotomy.

Indeed. Let's switch the topic, shall we?

It's sad and all, but nothing that is unique to Kony. Every fucking African warlord does the same. This looks like nothing but another blatant sob campaign to get the masses to support an unlawful intervention, which especially pisses me off since my own country was bombed thanks to a very similar hoax. But what especially pisses me off are willfully blind dimwits such as this one:

you people just piss me off they are trying to bring awareness to a good cause. STOP HATING!
    all your going to do is hurt the cause you idiots

Go fuck yourself.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Wait, there are people who take Kony seriously?

/doesn't actually know what Kony 2012 is about
  • edited 2012-03-08 15:37:17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony

Also, http://projectdiaspora.org/ has a relevant article on the subject (A Peace of my mind: Respect my agency...) which really puts things into perspective.

"which especially pisses me off since my own country was bombed thanks to a very similar hoax."

Oh dear. Please elaborate. 

An Ugandan warlord called Joseph Kony uses child soldiers and is generally a disgusting human being. A shady humanitarian organization has made a half-hour documentary that quickly went viral, and are asking for a military intervention to kill Kony and help the poor kids.

• edited 2012-03-08 15:49:30
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I'm kind of lost. What does a campaign against an Ugandan warlord have to with conformity vs non-conformity?

• It does only if you couldn't be arsed about the actual issue.