If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

US remake of Sherlock Holmes

edited 2012-03-06 09:39:33 in Media
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Described as a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes, with the detective now living in New York City.

Just go watch BBC's Sherlock, it is already a modern remake of Sherlock Holmes, but then again you might not be able to relate to non-American people. *rolleyes*

(The only interesting thing is that Lucy Liu is paying Watson.)

Comments

• You can change. You can.

It's more because you guys take two years in making a season, damnit >:[

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Can't rush quality.

yes, but still, there is a demand and no supply, therefore it follows that...well, i don't think i need to spell it out for ya

• Champion of the Whales

If this lasts for more than a season

I'll be surprised

If it lasts for more than two seasons, I'll kiss Nova or Juan

I'm pretty sure it'll last. It's not good.

so...fuck off, man. I'm keeping myself clean from contact with other people.

• No rainbow star
    If it lasts for more than three seasons and is a high quality show instead of another CSI clone, I'll owe Juan $50 CND

>Lasts more than three seasons

you're on, motherfu...

>high quality show

I withdraw

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

There was a good deal of consternation about Lucy Liu being cast as Watson, and while I have reservations about that casting, the fact that Watson's going to be shamed former forensic doctor for the cop (which points to it being a CSI wannabe) and the only writer mentioned so far has been the writer for Medium (Medium sucks) means I'm really not hoping for much.

• Is this actually a remake of the Moffat series, or just a new adaptation?

• a little muffled

A new version, but apparently they tried to get the rights to remake the British one first.

• Pfffft, Lucy Liu as Watson is just a rip off of the new Green Hornet comics!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If it lasts for more than two seasons, I'll kiss Nova or Juan

what the hell

• If it lasts for more than two seasons, I'll kiss Nova or Juan

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

I will pass on the Yankenised version of Sherlock Holmes. Ignoring how American versions of British things are fairly often (not always) bad and even when they aren't I don't enjoy them as much.

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

i'm sexy

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

but im not :C

• i'm sexy

Man I just keep finding new ways to use the word "subjective" in relation to you.

• No rainbow star

At least nobody has promised sex yet

• I'm a damn twisted person

Just go watch BBC's Sherlock, it is already a modern remake of Sherlock Holmes, but then again you might not be able to relate to non-American people. *rolleyes*

While this makes my circle of acquaintances sound horrible and kinda dense, I know plenty of people who find British accents indecipherable. 

^
    The remake doesn't have anyone with a strong accent in it though, I'd be more understanding if it were set in Tyneside but it's London and pretty clear.

Tell your friends to use subtitles/Be less dense?

Tell your friends to Be less dense?

Tell me, has this ever worked for you in real life? It's like telling a deaf person to be less deaf.

I wasn't being serious, I should have put a smiley sorry.

However the subtitles thing might be useful as then they'd get used to the varying accents of Britain. 

Bah, no don't use one of the textual abominations known as smileys or emoticons. As for subtitles, these are people who can't seem to finish a book to save their life. I doubt the idea of reading while watching TV would appeal to them.

Book them a holiday to the North of England, Newcastle or Liverpool.
    They'll have to learn to understand to survive! 

• Champion of the Whales

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Because American remakes of British Shows tend to only last a season

• Unless they're The Office.

• Champion of the Whales

^

Which is why I used the word "tend", there are of course exceptions which is why I never said "all remakes fail to make it past series 1"

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I find subtitles to be pretty easy to live with but then...

• edited 2012-03-08 15:11:03
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

In my part of the world, the only type of foreign visual media that is dubbed are cartoons, so people are used to subtitles. Which is a good thing, since I find dubs of live-action media to be usually quite ridiculous.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I have no problems with dubs either.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I think you misunderstood me. I generally don't like dubs.