If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

"When I served in Museveni's government things were exciting and one would have no reason to sleep," said Professor Edward Kakonge, who served as the first minister of local government when Museveni became president in 1986.

See, back in my day even politics were interesting, but kids these days don't know about that!

• Not sure if satire or not, but I had a laugh despite the punchable smugness: http://www.triggerwarning.us/official-neoreactionary-quiz/

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

D, D, C, C sorta, damn, too borderline

• No rainbow star

Minecraft MAYBE being bought by Microsoft

Eh, if this is true, maybe Microsoft will finish the API (I know people think Microsoft would try to shut down the modding scene, but if anything, I'd think they'd want to nurture it. Then they can swoop in and try to hire the good modders)

• A crowdsourced Robocop scene-by-scene reimagening, apropos of nothing:

• edited 2015-10-09 07:18:24

[user deleted]

• Sometimes I feel weird for being a 20-year-old who likes cartoons that were made before the '90s.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't feel weird being a 27-year-old who likes games that were made before the '90s.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I love Captain Tsubasa and Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball, those were made during the 80's no?

Also, I don't feel weird being a 27-year-old who likes music that was made in the '30s.

I mean the 1830s.

• I feel weird for liking stuff made in the 80s, 90s, 00s or 10s.

My power level must remain a mystery.

• I'm a XX-year old fan of ancient and medieval mythologies. Do I win?

Naas_Human wrote:

I'm a XX-year old fan of ancient and medieval mythologies. Do I win?

babylaboo

I win. We all win.

• a little muffled
    personally I prefer music and cartoons from the future

Nyktos wrote:
    personally I prefer music and cartoons from the future

hooray, kickstarter

• ^^ So what pop song did they use as the ending theme of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 10-and-three-quarters?

babylaboo

I have no idea what this means.

I'm younger than Glenn and I like the show currently in hiatus between seasons.

Naas_Human wrote:

babylaboo

I have no idea what this means.

Babylon + weeaboo

• a little muffled

Naas_Human wrote:
    ^^ So what pop song did they use as the ending theme of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 10-and-three-quarters?
    in the future there is only one pop song, it's in every show, it's pretty good tho tbh

Newsflash from Poland: seven years after her accident, a woman qualifies for a knee surgery. Scheduled for 2031.

• edited 2014-09-15 17:04:51

I guess I just feel kind of insecure about liking '50s-'60s Hanna-Barbera output. There seems to be a widespread belief that everything the studio made before 2 Stupid Dogs was unbelievably awful junk, but I don't feel that way, for reasons that may be a bit too wordy for what I'm saying here. They did take a really noticeable dip in the '70s and '80s, yeah, but I prefer to act like that period doesn't exist.

Also, I know I've said this, but the only Scooby I care for is A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. I've always found the "classic" Scooby to be mediocre semi-entertainment at best.

I love QuickDraw McGraw

• Here, have a fetish list apropos of nothing: http://eliade.livejournal.com/472331.html ;

Come to think of it, the recent thing in RWBY about Pyrrha characteristically using her ability only very subtly makes me think she's my kind of character.

Then again, with a new week, I am probably another episode behind...

Episode 7 was last week, you speak of episode 5. this week there is only a short snippet about the lore.

• edited 2014-09-19 02:25:46

Fun fact:

Ghazi is a title given to Muslim warriors or champions. It may be used out of respect or officially.

Also, Scotland voted No to separating from the UK. This probably should be its own topic, but TheConductor hasn't posted in a long time.

And now I'm bummed because I missed out on his Thatcher is dead thread.

Microwaving scrambled eggs in a bowl makes them form a cooked layer outside an uncooked layer, which cooks inward.

Two eggs in a bowl can be quite well done by microwaving them for a minute, squeezing the uncooked "juicy" part out to the sides, then microwaving for another 15-20 seconds.  Times may vary based on the power of your microwave.

• edited 2014-09-19 17:20:04
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

And now I'm bummed because I missed out on his Thatcher is dead thread. 

That part where Hitler was deemed just wanting to help people sure was fun, eh? (edit: since it's hard to tell on the 'Net, I'm just saying I don't accuse you of being Nazi.)

• Yes, that was a particularly surreal invocation of Godwin's Law.