If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There are now Mega Pokemon. Including Amfabio the Amphabulous

13»

Comments

• I'll be impressed when there's a way to evolve Lickitung into Yoshi.

• a little muffled

HM09 Drive Truck

• HM09 Drive Truck

OP

SO VERY OP

As long as Super Training is postgame, I don't really care.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That's nothing.  FLY can be used to pilot aircraft already.

• a little muffled

But trucks aren't aircraft.

• Depending on who can learn Drive Truck, they COULD be.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So when will furby become a pokémon?

• We Digimon now.

can you not

• I'm being facetious, of course. The similarities are mostly incidental, but still notable enough for the comparison to be funny.

• No rainbow star
    My comment on Gen Wunners are the rabid ones who hate any game after gen 1

I've stuck with this franchise through thick and thin
  • People complain about Pokemon never doing anything new, and then when Pokemon does try to do something new, the same people complain even louder.

• Are you sure it's the same people?

• ^ Yes, I've seen the same people do that.

The only problem I have so far with Gen 5 is the Fairy-type.

• Actually, even if it is the same people, so what?  They're not allowed to have their own idea of what they want Pokémon to be?  It has to be either "accept it for exactly what it is now no changes" or "accept any and all changes Game Freak decides to make"?

• No rainbow star

^ Depends. Do they give their ideas for changes, or do they just complain, "Pokemon always does the same thing! I want something new!" without giving ideas, then start complaining once new ideas come?

• edited 2013-08-13 07:01:42

Actually, even if it is the same people, so what?  They're not allowed to have their own idea of what they want Pokémon to be?

It's about consistency. They complain about Pokemon being stagnant, and when someone introduces changes they start complaining about how Pokemon is "literally Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh now".

And don't give me "oh, they can't change their minds?" because they've been doing this all the time. There's changing your mind and there's being unreasonable, and these people belong to the latter category.

• edited 2013-08-14 03:58:04
    (void)

It's about consistency. They complain about Pokemon being stagnant, and when someone introduces changes they start complaining about how Pokemon is "literally Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh now".

So you can't consistently think that both doing the same thing every generation and copying ideas from other sources are uncreative?  I mean, if you think that Game Freak is creatively stagnant, both the same thing each time and copying bad ideas are...bad.

@Icalasari Well, the thing is, being able to identify good art is, and should be, really, easier than actually creating good art.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-08-14 04:37:06

I just want them to do a more traditional plot-heavy game.  Like, Team Rocket fucking shit up being the main conflict instead of 1-2 brief sideshows, and the official Leagues being a sidequest at most (like, a few gym leaders on the side, and an off-record scrap with one of the Elite Four as a bonus boss -- preferably one who was actually participating in the story).

• So you can't consistently think that both doing the same thing every generation and copying ideas from other sources are uncreative?

That raises the question of as to what extent something should be considered "ripping off". Of course Pokemon and Digimon are going to have similarities, in the same way that M*A*S*H and Team America are going to have similarities.

The fandom has this hobby of calling every change that resembles Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh even superficially a "Digimon ripoff" or a "Yu-Gi-Oh ripoff". I mean, M*A*S*H is about the US fighting Koreans, so it's obviously ripping off Team America, right?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Would such a sword be able to actually function, or could it be assumed that, say, the spirit changed the sword because there is no way a competent smith would make a sword like that?

It would function, but it's built for conditions that never arose. A Roman centurion would be thrilled to have that kind of sword, for instance, but the technology didn't exist for that kind of weapon to exist at the time. By the time technology did exist that would support building that kind of weapon, conditions had changed enough that longer weapons were favoured. 

• No rainbow star
    Poni: they don't need to create good art. You don't need to be an artist to be able to say what you want