If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

So, I think I forgot to mention this here, but I went to a concert Saturday night. It lead to one of the stranger evenings out I've had, ending with my walking three miles back from a train station at 5:00 AM.

It was totally worth it, if only for this song:

This video seems to cut off about ten minutes before it should end, but I think it will give you a decent idea. Also keep in mind that I was in the front row, and that the sound pressure was strong enough to create a small breeze inside of my jacket.

• Saw Casablanca in the theater today (yes, yes, deadslowpoke.bmp). Great film, and now Wolverine and all similar characters make a lot more sense.

• You can change. You can.

>In the theater

all of my envy

then again, i guess canada doesn't have that bullshit "no old films" policy. But still.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Casablanca is a really good movie.

Actually, I liked most of the movies I saw in my sophomore year film class (the sole exceptions being the original King Kong and High Noon, the latter, I only didn't like because I was absent the two days we watched it). 

I've been trying to get through it but I don't really have the energy to watch movies for some reason. 

Yeah, I don't even know.

• edited 2012-10-18 22:05:18
    a little muffled

@Juan:

then again, i guess canada doesn't have that bullshit "no old films" policy. But still.
    I don't know whereabouts in Toronto you are, but...

• edited 2012-10-18 22:09:12

all of my envy

You'd probably find a theater that screens it around there, being the 70th anniversary and all that. Hell, you might even find a screening of Lawrence of Arabia in all its glorious wideness (I haven't watched the movie yet in the hopes that it'll happen here, but it's pretty unlikely by now).

@Nyktos: Yeah, there's a theater on Dundas square that is currently doing a classic horror thing. I'd go there were it not for my lack of money for anything that isn't food or transport for now.

• edited 2012-10-18 22:12:21
    a little muffled

The Revue is probably a little cheaper than AMC Yonge & Dundas, but probably not so much as to make the difference.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My parents bought this little canvas-case special edition of Lawrence of Arabia.  My dad's seen it; I haven't.

You should. Lawrence is legitimately one of the greatest movies to come out of Hollywood.

What's the word for speaking of someone's potential misfortune in a way kinda like you're betting on it?

I know such a word exists in Chinese but I can't think of an English word for this.  "malaugur"?  "omenize"?

• I'm not sure there is.  I might just use the loanword.

It's not an established loanword.

I think the term in English might be "speaking ill of" someone.

• Well, I guess I mean establishing it as a loanword, and just footnoting it.

Hey Alex

• Has friends besides tanks now

I guess an early bedtime isn't gonna happen today, either.

The water is out due to a leak at my apartment.

I'm in the cubicle tonight, I guess.  I'll just make myself comfortable.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, shit. I have a quiz in the morning and I can't sleep at all.

What's extra weird is that I go no sleep last night because I had a big report due today (well, yesterday).

Put this on and lie in bed.

Now imagine you're on a beach in the sun, in a lagoon with no one else nearby.  The air is warm and there is but a slight hint of a breeze.

• Addicted to American Horror Story.

And Touhou too for some odd reason.

• Definitely not gay.

This Love and Misery are also quite nice.

I liked Misery (I don't listen to it often, it reminds me of someone I don't like), but I found This Love to be rather bland.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Addicted to American Horror Story.

we can no longer be friends

First season or has the second already started airing?

What's wrong with AHS?

• ^ ^ Second season started airing.

• edited 2012-10-19 18:47:36
    Kichigai birthday!!

Jesus Christ, today has been one of the most entertaining nights in the Internet I've ever had, thanks to the 4chan Autumn Babby Cup. So much shit has happened

The only downside was /mlp/ coming through to the knockouts

• Meh, /mlp/'s opposition awaits >rape.

In more tasteful news, went to jazz bar with jazz event organization after meeting(they think two hour meetings are long-filthy casuals), which was nice. Most of the folks are older than me by 2 to 3 years, so it's good to know one can still do the whole board/committee gig when not a student anymore.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I'll really miss /3/ and their amazing goalhorn

Writing about krypto to invoke a emotional reaction is a cheap trick, Mr Morrison.

one you have mastered all too well, apparently

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

yeah

it's like kicking you in the groin

it hurts and you start crying

and it's just not playing fair