If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skullgirls

Comments

• edited 2011-12-11 03:05:43
    Don't worry, I'm sure my impenetrable logic and reason has resolved the issue forever.
  • They're somethin' else.

SO HYPE. SO FUCKING HYPE :D

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    THE HYPEST SHIT
  •  It's out on PSN today and Xbox Live tommorow.

I'll wait for a PSN card on my birthday to get the game, as it's only 15 bucks.

• edited 2012-04-10 13:51:34

Hm.

The content seems slim-to-nonexistent, the character designs are unappealing on every conceivable level, the mechanics are apparently rife with the kind of impenetrable nonsense that delights the fighting game faithful and disgusts just about everybody else, and the fanservice kind of makes me want to drop the entire hobby in favor of something less detrimental to my faith in humanity.

• Oh look. vonBerlich pretending he's better than everyone else.

^^ Be a bore, see if I care :P

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

-facepalms-

People, cut it out. This thread is about the game.

• edited 2012-04-10 14:19:01
    But you never had any to begin with.

• Kichigai birthday!!

In which platforms is it being released anyway?

PS3, X360, eventually arcades, and quite possibly PC if it does well enough.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Oh, so it's not on Wii then?

0/10 SHIT GAME WOULD NOT BUY

• An Arcade version? Pretty unprecedented for an American company these days. Granted, that version will probably be Japan-exclusive.

^ It'd certainly add to the SO HYPE NIGGA aesthetic.

This game is pretty awesome so far. Consider it as an actually playable MVC.

• Has friends besides tanks now

MVC was playable, though. Or at least, UMVC3 is.

MVC 1, sure. UMVC3... you know what, I'm just gonna avoid being annoyingly smarmy here.

• I'll be downloading it later today and try juggling between the two.
  • Played the trial.  Didn't like it all that much.  Will not buy.

^Not a single fuck given.

• Eh. I'll try out the demo later. I'm lazy.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.

Well, got the game.  It plays pretty nicely.  I certainly like it a lot.  Though the lack of move lists is pretty damn inconvenient.  Definitely maining Peacock.  Maybe I'll go with a team of Painwheel/Peacock/Valentine, with Painwheel serving as my battery.  Though damn, the AI in this game is brutal.  Even on the lowest difficulty.  I think Reverge went way too far on that front.

Not a fan of the art style, or the fanservice in the game.  It all seems so fucking juvenile.

• How much worse than the median fighting game?

• edited 2012-04-11 20:58:46
    If that don't work, use more gun.

^Huh?

Oh yeah, XBox 360 players, be warned.  Skullgirls has a lot more technical problems on that system due to Microsoft's programming and missing files on their server.

• I meant in terms of fanservice.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Kind of tame compared to other fighters/around the same amount.  Not really worse than the average fighter, really.  Also, like half the cast is like super freaking creepy in contrast.

At least thing game is tongue in cheek with it's fanservice. I hate it when fighting games are so damn melodramatic about their shit, showing more ass and titties than actual gameplay.

Fucking hell I love Peacock XD

• edited 2012-04-16 00:56:34
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Got the game tonight. Jesus Christ, Marie makes me miss Galactus and Seth.

Overall I like it. It's pretty solid as a fighter and the animation is much better than I thought. It hearkens back to mid-nineties 'fuck you' gameplay of fighters which isn't exactly good but I enjoyed it.

It's actually made me warm up to fighters again. It's got a pretty good tutorial too.