If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fetishes got locked? WTF? (Now NSFW)

edited 2011-09-21 19:30:13 in General
They're somethin' else.
And why wasn't it locked sooner?

Comments

• Well, damn.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's apparently a templock until October.
  • I was wondering when this thread would show up.

I am just glad it's a temp.
  • edited 2011-09-18 13:09:21
    You can change. You can.
    1) Templock

2) It wasn't locked sooner because tropers like sex. A lot. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Well, damn. I was hoping for a perma-lock.
  • It was locked due to talking about pedophillia.

Lock is till October 1st.

All protesting the decision get insta-permabanned.
  • You can change. You can.
    Buh, I don't see why that is a big deal, really. I prefer a place where all the sex talk is rather than a million of threads where we discuss how would we prefer to have sex
  • They're somethin' else.
    Heh. so predictabo.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^It's not "anyone protesting" so much as "anyone actively rebelling," i.e. making a second thread.
  • I noticed this too. To be honest, it struck me as rather an over-reaction on Fast Eddie's part to actually lock the thread, but given everything else that's been going on lately I think anything remotely suggesting TV Tropes is a hangout for paedos is going to press his Beserk Button hard.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    [mod voice]
    FYI everyone, discussing this threadlock here is okay, but don't let this become drama here.
    [/mod voice]
  • They're somethin' else.
    Aye.
  • No rainbow star
    ^Eh Eee... Aye Oh! You! Why?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Hooray
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I need to make a Tyrannosaurus Alan sockpuppet.
  • edited 2011-09-18 16:01:39
    About time.

Wish it was a permalock though. Just because it's a popular thread doesn't mean you should excuse disgusting shit like pedophilia.
    It bears mentioning that the discussion wasn't about how pedophillia was awesome but about the difference between a child molester and a pedophile (Which I fully agree on, as I believe that someone who has an urge and looks for help is a far better person than someone who acts upon said urges)

Also, Fetishes derails all the time, and I don't see how a simple detour into questionable territory means a lock. 
  • I thought it was because they got a warning, and then kept discussing it?

Not so much as Aondeug saying something along the lines of "Who cares anyway?"

Then Eddie got mad. 
  • edited 2011-09-18 16:14:57
    I can somewhat understand why Eddie got mad, considering TVTropes' reputation.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-09-18 16:16:37
    ^^Ah. Ok. That makes more sense than just because of the discussion.
    Bleh, it's erratic and an over the top attitude. And even then, you have to distance your anger from your duties as a mod. 

My problem with the decision is that it was so...unnecessary. Derail was over. For a page. In fact, if you didn't know any better, you'd say the thread got loked for discussing vampires.
  • I think it was overtly harsh, but I can see where he's coming from, and at least it's only a temp ban.
  • We've had multiple posts in a thread about the Fetishes thread, and no one has mentioned repetitive gay flirting?
  • Well, it has been turned down slightly, so that's good.
  • edited 2011-09-18 16:20:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Is there any particular reason why they would need to mention that?
    I can see why he did it. I just disagree. If the roblem was Aondeug's post, then thump her and ban her. Her actions don't stand for the whole tread and only she was against Eddie.

And even then, I'd still sy that banning someone for sassing an Admin once is still pretty OTT.

But whatever, I don't really care for the thread so much as I think the actions and mentality involved were incredibly incredibly stupid and based on emotion rather than actual thought. 
  • To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie was wanting to temp-lock Fetishes for a long time and used the whole discussing pedophilia thing as an excuse.