If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Accurate Thread For Children Of The '90s

edited 2011-01-25 23:01:14 in Wonderful posts
This thread title popped into my head while I was eating peanut butter by the spoonful. I have no idea what it means.

And that just bugs me.

Comments

• I thought this was going to be making fun of nostalgia.

But yeah, everything sucked after 2000.
  • Not everything... there's always Avatar: The Last Airbender.
  • Besides that.

Remember when Cartoon Network used to be good? Remember when Nickelodeon, scratch that, the entire portfolio of old Viacom used to be good?
  • I thought this was going to be making fun of nostalgia.

Out of curiosity, what did you think "The Accurate Thread" meant?
  • Adventure Time might be my favorite cartoon, and that's including all the ones I loved to watch as a kid.
  • edited 2011-01-25 23:47:49
    Now, which was the best 90s cartoon? It's a tough pick between Gargoyles, Beast Wars, and Shadow Raiders. But then there's X-Men and Spider-Man, too... and probably some other superhero shows I didn't watch.
  • Cow and Chicken.

:P
  • edited 2011-01-25 23:53:14
    Pony Sleuth
    I liked Hey Arnold. Angry Beavers was good too, but I don't think I enjoy the humor as much anymore for some reason.

Invader Zim deserves mention, too. EDIT: ...except it aired in 2001. Shit.
  • Everything from my decade is amazing. The stuff from decades before are old, backwards things enjoyed by old, backwards people, and the stuff afterwards is proof that kids today have no taste and our culture is sliding towards Idiocracy.
  • 12:34AM

Indeed.
  • This topic needs more accuracy.
  • Wait.

This could be like The Totally Radical Thread For Crotchety Old Bitches.
  • It could, but...can this forum actually support something like that? We hardly get any activity as-is.
  • It should be a hybrid between PYRT and Fetishes.
  • This forum "hardly gets any activity"? You guys have been spoiled by TVTropes. We would kill for this kind activity over at Wars Central.
  • Wait, are you saying TVTropes is a fast-moving forum?

Admittedly, until recently TVTropes was the only forum I participated in, so I don't really have a point of reference.
  • edited 2011-01-26 23:35:36
    TVTropes is an insanely huge and fast-moving forum. Why do you think Fast Eddie started purging old threads?

This forum has what I would consider to be an average amount of activity for a web forum.
  • Oh.

Like I said, I was using TVTropes as my only point of reference.

I guess I have been spoiled.
  • edited 2011-01-26 23:44:57
    I've been spoiled too. Now I feel Toon Zone moves at a snail's pace, and before TVT that was my hangout.

Also Eddie purges threads because he would rather use the space they occupy on more wiki pages, not just because people make 7000 a day.
  • Yeah, but he wouldn't need to do that if they weren't taking up so much space, which wouldn't happen if they were made at a slower pace.

And yeah, most forums are the kind you check one or twice a day and respond to a few topics idly for a few minutes, maybe an hour. In TVTropes, you can hang out for several hours at a time because by the time you finish reading a topic (and, optionally, leaving a reply), every other thread will have moved, and there's a decent chance your current thread moved too and your post just got ninja'd.
  • Why does TVT move so fast, anyway?
  • Huge member base is a start...
  • Sometimes I think TVTropes must be a "bigger" (as in, more well-known and more populated) site than I tend to think of it as.
  • Another reason TVTropes moves so fast is the ridiculous number of boards, each with it's own culture and regular posters. Counting the secret mod section, TVTropes apparently has allotted space FOR FORTY FUCKING FORUM boards. Compare to the number of sections over here, which is 6. Most forums don't have more than a dozen or so sections. And some subsections, but TVTropes's megathreads are analogous to those.
  • Yeah, tvtropes is the fastest forum I've ever seen. The first forum I ever went, I could reasonably expect to read every single reply and reply to every topic ever made on it, since I got in early.
  • ^^Toon Zone has a shitton too (though they don't seem to have any board-specific cultures) but it doesn't move that fast.

On the rare occasion that someone posted a minute before me, or at the same time as me I was always surprised.
  • My roommate posts on a music forum that I am convinced is faster than TvTropes.

Of course, I might have only been looking at the Fetish speed ones. Who knows.
  • I've never had the impression TVTropes moves that fast, though maybe it's because I spend so much time on the slowish Video Games rather than the Mach 2 Yack Fest. I remember some of the big boards on GameFAQs and IGN moving faster than Yack Fest though, such that when you post, the thread's already most of the way down the page when you check the forum listing.
  • edited 2011-01-30 03:07:30
    Well, the other day, I bumped one of the YF megathreads (you can guess which) after 5 minutes of inactivity. That's when I realized I do have unreasonably high expectations of speed.