If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Zelda series

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Um...about that timeline writeup I'm working on...it's spiraling a bit out of control, so it's going to be awhile before I post it.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I WARNED YOU
  • edited 2011-04-28 18:38:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't mean that I find the timeline complicated. I mean that I'm making a 20 page PDF.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    You'll see
  • -wonders why people still care about the Legend of Zelda timeline(s)-
    Because nerds
  • Ah.  Got it.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I've stopped caring about the timeline since MM. No matter what Word Of God says, there's no way that even has a logical timeline, at least one that'll affect anything.
    I will laugh so hard if it does
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So basically, other than that, every game is about Link taking Ganon to task about ruining the world or something, and Zelda being involved somehow.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    ^ Basically. Story of a hero's quest starring a boy, a princess, and a man who is sometimes a pig. Adventure ensues.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Except for The Minish Cap. Ganon's not around yet for that one.
    Good point.

"Basically. Story of a hero's quest starring a boy, a princess, and a man who is sometimes a pig or some other evil entity, usually a sorcerer. Adventure ensues."

Better?

• no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Legend of Zelda was good back when there were only six of them. Now I kinda wish the series would die, though.

Then again, it's not hurting me, and the best one (Ocarina of Time) is about to get a remake, so eh.
    Why do you consider the newer ones to suck?
  • edited 2011-04-29 17:02:14
    You can change. You can.
    I think it's because of repetition. The games are really samey. What they do well is coming up with new ways to play that formula up. 

Also, because the games have tried an emphasis in combat, me thinks.

I don't share Dantes opinion and it's just a guess, though.
    Methinks they need new tools- I really liked the leafy thingie in Wind Waker, for example. And it worked in combat, too.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Majora's Mask is godly and I consider everyone who hasn't played it a lesser being who should be fed dog food.
  • edited 2011-04-29 17:30:18
    You can change. You can.

-doesn't have any dog food around.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I have a friend who hates Wind Waker, and says that Link amounted to being a Villain Protagonist.
    What? Why?
  • They're somethin' else.
    I would have enjoyed the later series having better combat. All it is so far is more QTE.

Yeah... o_O
    Chances are they could be one of those unreasonable people that thought Link was RUINED FOREVER for going cell shaded. I met someone recently who was like that.
    Chances are they could be one of those unreasonable people that thought Link was RUINED FOREVER for going cell shaded. I met someone recently who was like that.

Is wallbanging justified?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    It may be because Ganondorf was a more sympathetic villain in that game. I don't really know, I haven't played it
    Was he?
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    It may be because Ganondorf was a more sympathetic villain in that game. I don't really know, I haven't played it

He was more sympathetic; at the very least, his reason for wanting to take over Hyrule wasn't just for power's sake.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    And Link's way of killing him was a bit more gory than usual