If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've been banned.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Speaking of which, I am 80% sure this counts as importing drama here and now.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    As for TVT not being a business, additionally remember that you're not giving them any money for your ability to view the site.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "Okay now you're just being dense. You don't punish mods/admins by ban evading."

Look, I just want to be able to view my favorite website, alright?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I think at this point the only thing you can do is try and find some way to apologize.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I disagree, Cygan, the google-ban is not only used on assholes. But ban evasion is not something wise, that I can agree.
    And I want a million dollars, and a Democratic U.S. Senator from Wyoming.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-06-20 20:32:00
    Thumped.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I disagree, Cygan, the google-ban is not only used on assholes. But ban evasion is not something wise, that I can agree.

Well, it's what he tries to use it for. Ask Chagen, he can tell you about being forum-banned for a while. Or Ardiente/Raw Power, who is still forum-banned.
    ^^ Oi.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:31:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^^ That wasn't very nice, was it?
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:32:33
    Morgan Freeman is God
    "I think at this point the only thing you can do is try and find some way to apologize."

I already did that once when I got forum-banned. I was unbanned for a week, and then he banned me from even viewing the site.

He's made it clear to me that apologizing won't get me anywhere.
  • Ok. Ok. I'm done. I'm done. I'm sorry. Had to get that out.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Look at it this way. Say there is a local library you like going to. But when you go there, you keep breaking the be quiet in the library rule. You think you are being perfectly fine, but the library has every right to kick you out and not let you back in. If you interact with other people in places they run, you have to compromise a bit and follow their rules.
    By the way, GuyInWhite, it's just a website.  It's okay.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:32:51
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^^ Well, then, it's time to accept that Fast Eddie doesn't want you there.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    All I ever did was say a couple things that were a bit rude.

The "final straw" so to speak, was me calling someone a console fanboy, something which doesn't even strike me as rude at all.

I see no reason why I should have been banned when the thing that got me banned wasn't even ban-worthy in the first place.
    Very possibly it's for your attitude.
    Well, honest comment: The way I see it, you have a tendency to totally overreact to things.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "All I ever did was say a couple things that were a bit rude."

You say that as if it's no big deal.
  • a little muffled
    I see no reason why I should have been banned when the thing that got me banned wasn't even ban-worthy in the first place.
    Welcome to TV Tropes.

• Morgan Freeman is God
    Part of the reason I'm so upset is that TVTropes consists of 90% of my online activity, and online activity consists of 90% of my spare time.

If I'm not unbanned, I have almost nothing to do for the rest of the summer.
    That's your fault. Not theirs.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:39:11
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Look at it this way, cygan, I was IP banned for a first offense, no warning beforehand, I was google-banned after that, no warning that time as well.
    > Part of the reason I'm so upset is that TVTropes consists of 90% of my
    online activity, and online activity consists of 90% of my spare time.

I think the correct way of solving this problem is to change your way of life so that your life does not revolve around this website.

As for something else to do this summer:
    * a summer job?
    * volunteer work?
    * Stepmania?
    * some other gaming?
    * hiking around trails in your area?
    * learning a musical instrument, or writing music?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Is it even possible to repeal a Google ban, and has anyone actually done it?

• edited 2011-06-20 20:41:26
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ But you're back now. What that shows is that TVTropes's moderation staff screws up sometimes.

In this case, it seems quite clear that they went about the process properly and GuyInWhite's ban was justified. And that it's his fault that he's banned.

^ Vorpy was Google banned for exceeding the limit of sockpuppets and unbanned once it was clear that she did, in fact, have a reason for having all of them.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "That's your fault."

I've tried to change my attitude since being forum-banned before, but they still find an excuse to ban me because I called someone a console fanboy.

It's just as much their fault as it is mine.
    Is it even possible to repeal a Google ban, and has anyone actually done it?

Vandro.
    I've tried to change my attitude since being forum-banned before, but they still find an excuse to ban me because I called someone a console fanboy.

It's just as much their fault as it is mine.

It's their fault that you still reuse to follow the rules?
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    I followed the rules to the letter after being forum banned.

Calling someone a console fanboy on a video games forum does not constitute being rude.
This discussion has been closed.