If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've been banned.

edited 2011-06-20 19:47:20 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
Can anyone contact a TVTropes mod and get someone to tell me why?

Comments

• Are you also GuyInWhite on TVTropes?
  • There's a Guy In White on Tv Tropes, so I would guess yes.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    ^^Yep.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    Bumping.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Madrugada says: "Three thumps for personal attacks in the last thirty days, each of which he received a PM about."
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    All I did was call someone a console fanboy on a Video Games thread.

Somehow I doubt that warrants a thump, and even then, I doubt that a forum infraction warrants a perma-ban.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's not the attitude that generally gets people unbanned.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Well, it sounds like more than one. 
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "That's not the attitude that generally gets people unbanned."

Since when does doing something on the forums warrant a perma-ban?
  • Did you just bump a thread after five minutes of inactivity? We don't move that fast.
    Again, it sounds like there was more than one infraction.

Not to mention there's probably another very good reason they might want to ban you. 
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "Not to mention there's probably another very good reason they might want to ban you. "

Somehow, I doubt it.
    Do you want me to PM you why I think this? 
  • Just got the news, I rushed here since I figured you would make a thread about it. Got any plans?
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:21:04
    Morgan Freeman is God
    ^^Go right ahead.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Please.

If you are going to talk about how to ban-evade, don't do it here.
  • If you're serious, we WILL have to report you. Doesn't matter how much we like you.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:18:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @GuyInWhite: For the record, you're not going to impress anyone by telling us your plans; if you follow through with it, that's ban-evading, and if you don't, you give the impression that you're trying to act tough and that you think you can outsmart TVTropes's staff. Already your attitude is speaking for itself.

And if you earned repeated warnings and still continued acting thumpable, that does, in fact, warrant a permaban.

And lastly, you really didn't need to bump this thread after five minutes.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:28:09
    Morgan Freeman is God
    -thump (reason: talking about ban-evading)-
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:20:01
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'll let this thread be a place where GuyInWhite can get honest, open discussion about what about his behavior has gotten him in trouble.

However, this thread SHALL NOT BE a place where ANYONE talks about ban-evading methods.

^ Yes, I agree that the Google Ban is inelegant.  I'd raise the point with him, but there are people who probably care more than I do about this and I have far more important things to do.  Let me know if you want me to state my opinion officially on the TVTF though.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    I'm currently looking up legal information about the right for businesses to refuse service.

Hopefully I'll find something I can use against TVTropes in court.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:21:46
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I actually agree that Google Bans are far too harsh to give out like candy, and that actually using email adresses would solve a multitude of problems.

But I digress; discussing ban evasion is a no-no, per ^^.

^ No. TVTropes is a privately owned website, run nearly entirely through the pocketbook of Fast Eddie (and maybe a few mods, I dunno). If you break the rules of the site, which include being dickish, he has the right to kick you out.  
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:21:03
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^^If that's the case, you might want to edit the post where he just did that.

^^Ha ha, what?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    He has a forum ban he can use. He has used it in the past.

He uses the Google Ban only when he's dealing with assholes.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:22:20
    Morgan Freeman is God
    ^^You think I'd just sit back and let Fast Eddie deny me access to my favorite site unpunished?
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:22:37
    a little muffled
    I'm currently looking up legal information about the right for businesses to refuse service.

Hopefully I'll find something I can use against TVTropes in court.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It's his site, dude.

If he doesn't want you viewing it, you don't. That simple.

You have no legal right to view the site.

If you wanted to keep viewing it, maybe you shouldn't have been a dick.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Okay now you're just being dense. You don't punish mods/admins by ban evading. At worst all you do is irritate them.
    Speaking of which, you know there are TVTropes mods that visit this site, yes?

Well, they've seen your message above.

Sucks to be you.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:28:26
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I'm currently looking up legal information about the right for businesses to refuse service.

Hopefully I'll find something I can use against TVTropes in court."

1. TVTropes is not a business. It's an entertainment website and a wiki.

2. Even if you do look for legal information, you'll likely find nothing that helps your case, as per 1.

3. Even if you could somehow take this to court, things would quickly turn against you.

4. It's not your site. Its owner does what he wants.

5. If you continue to whine about this here, the mods will be forced to take action against you here as well.
This discussion has been closed.