If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Sour Cream

edited 2011-06-14 21:38:27 in General
It's what people put on good food to make it disgusting.

Comments

• edited 2011-06-14 21:39:27
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I agree. Can't stand the stuff.

...unless this is a metaphor for Troper Tales or something :P
  • No, I really am just talking about sour cream.
  • Tacos without sour cream are foul abominations onto the culinary world and must be destroyed.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Sour Cream and Onion flavored chips are the best kind of chips, however.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-14 21:44:33
    Seconding half of that. I like guacamole, but it's sorely overrated.
  • What about other delights?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^^ This person knows their Tex-Mex condiments. 
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-14 21:48:21
    I dig Jugo Maggi.
  • Glaives are better.

Goddamn sour cream. Cheese is the only dairy product that should go with meat. I can't count the number of times I've ordered some otherwise tasty Mexican food that has been ruined by sour cream. Probably because I failed math class.

• Am I the only person here who likes sour cream.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Nope, I love the stuff. It's impossible to find here though. :(
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Sour cream really awesome.  Your point is invalid.

Tasteless dish of rice and veggies?  Boring mashed potatoes?  Pork chops turned out too bland?  Add some sour cream.
  • Who the hell puts sour cream on rice and vegetables mashed potatoes pork chops anything that isn't Mexican food?
  • It's not called crema armaga, it's called sour cream. It's not meant to be put on Mexican food.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I do.

I could alternatively put garlic salt, basil, oregano, Chex Mix, or potato chips, or some combination of these.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Can't we agree on all soured milk products being awesome?
  • Myr: By that logic, no one should eat soy sauce with Chinese food.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    A perfectly sensible conclusion, then
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Tacos without sour cream are foul abominations onto the culinary world and must be destroyed.

I'm thinking you don't live close enough to the border to have eating real Mexican style tacos.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-14 22:44:05
    Nah, I've had those. Actually, they're way better than any other kind of taco. Sadly, I don't live near anywhere that sells them.

Anywho, I just like hyperbole.

...Like, a lot.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    I usually order my burritos with hot salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.
  • edited 2011-06-14 22:46:51
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    It's not a problem for me since Mexican mom and pop shops and smaller chains are pretty common where I live.  I also notice the salsa tends to be a lot hotter.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Reading this thread just makes me glad mexican food isn't common over here at all.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Sour cream is okay on burritos, mandatory on baked potatoes, and disgusting everywhere else.
  • It goes nice with potato wedges.
  • edited 2011-06-15 09:09:52
    Tableflipper
    dish of rice and veggies + sour cream

That's almost as weird as when I saw someone eating carrots with liquid chocolate...

Actually I think it's even weirder since I find it hard to think of any food that consists of rice and vegetables as non-asian.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    > That's almost as weird as when I saw someone eating carrots with liquid chocolate...

I've tried this, it's as bad as it sounds.
  • Chocolate goes better with aluminium.
  • Anywho, I just like hyperbole.

...Like, a lot.

Would you say hyperbole is the best thing ever?