If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How we are not allowed to complain about anything, ever.

Comments

• edited 2011-02-06 00:20:23
    Since 4 other tropers have been banned for that very reason.

iyellalot/itsmeyouidiot
    travisbickle
    scrye
    snowbull

disclaimer: the above listed tropers is not exactly accurate. Results pending. This claim has not been evaluated by the FDA.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Scrye wasn't banned for that. He was banned for saying on one thread that everyone who disagreed with him could go suck a dick after repeated warnings to tone down the dickishness.
  • edited 2011-02-06 00:21:40
    Cue-bey
    I thought Iyellalot was banned for threatening the mods or something.

And I am deeply insluted that you put me in the same list as her >:[
    The mod-threatening was over IJBM's deletion.
  • I am not responsible for inaccuracies or side effects caused by my product.
  • Iyellalot was prone to that stuff anyway. It would've happened one day or another.
    Yeah. The handle was my first clue.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "The fact that Fast Eddie implemented it over their objections likely means that he prefers it that way."

Just like the British Parliament taxing the American Colonies without giving them a vote meant that they preferred it that way.
  • Travisbickle even joked about "bringing back" IJBM. Never saw him again. :/

Either way, TV Tropes is dead ground for venting anger through a thread.

It's best to start them here.
  • edited 2011-02-06 00:26:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^No, this is more akin to inviting everyone over to your house then kicking out the guys who shit on the rug.
  • "Just like the British Parliament taxing the American Colonies without giving them a vote meant that they preferred it that way."

I guess that's better than comparing yourself to jesus.
  • To me, INUH, it sounds less like "trying to start shit" and more like "trying to pester Eddie into giving IJBM back, futilely". Though that may start shit.
    Er, no offence to snowbull in my previous comment. I'm not sure why you got banned.
  • In all honesty, the good parts of IJBM are coming back here, and the shitty parts remain on mht files on MediaFire.

I like it this way.

Fuck the old IJBM. I want to keep this one forever.

^That.
  • But I liked the religion threads.
    They've been showing up on YF lately.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    "No, this is more akin to inviting everyone over to your house then kicking out the guys who shit on the rug."

Complaining about things you don't like does not equate to anything harmful. This is more of a case of happiness being made mandatory by friend computer.

But whatever. I'm going to finish talking about this, since I had no idea this would become such a shitstorm.
  • edited 2011-02-06 00:32:03
    • Fuck the old IJBM. I want to keep this one forever.

Quoted for truth.
    You say that as if you're required to visit the site.

You're still asking to be allowed to go over to his place and violate his rules because you don't like it.
  • Silence is golden.
    Fast Eddie has some vague sliver of a point in that thread that exist to bitch bitch hey guys bitch with me bitch bitch *rarely* leads to quality discussions.

But, some seems to interpret that as "Not dissenting opinion. Ever."
  • ^ Understandable when explanations for deleting complaint threads go in unrelated threads, sometimes on unrelated subforums.

Regardless, somewhat serious complaint threads seem more common in Yack Fest now, which was what I liked least about IJBM.
  • Wow, even I wouldn't call for something like this.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Protip: When you want to complain about something in The Original Forums, put some effort into making it a post that actually might cause people to have a real discussion.
  • ^ There is no such thing as a real discussion amongst tropers.

I've seen it. We don't have anyone who would discuss anything in major detail here other than me. We need somebody like Rott or Nornagest who actually wants to go back and forth and crunch/marshmallow replies and points, rather than go "K."
  • Khawriasimisizi and Jaimesstorga had a fairly lengthy discussion a little while back.

I personally lack the mental acuity to have a debate of any reasonable length. All of my opinions are stupid, I just don't know what specifically about them are stupid.
  • Jaimeastorga isn't coming back and Khawri is busy on Tv Tropes.
  • My experience is, you can complain in TV Tropes as long as you are in stealth mode.
    * Do not use the phrase "bugs me". Do not use the phrase IJBM except to refer to this forum.
    * Enter the OP in a neutral tone, then after you get a reply, type something like "my problem, though, with this is that...".

Fast Eddie may not be taking TV Tropes where the rest of us would like it, but it could be worse. He could decide to ban everone who posts here if he decided he wanted to be another icycalm. We can still use TV Tropes for what Fast Eddie wants to use it for.

Quite frankly, what TV Tropes really needs, IMHO, is not a place to complain, but more acceptance of the idea that the community has successfuly transcended its birth nest.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It could be that the forum DOES take a ton of bandwidth costs, and Eddie is looking at the bill, and then looking back what he could do to streamline stuff.  With the (not very surprising) conclusion of "why don't I get people to stop doing this stuff that really taxes my bandwidth?".
  • Thus why 10 pages about Negima is better than one huge page about Negima, although that one won't stop being huge.

As are the Homestuck pages. Holy shit.

Apparently one huge page being accessed by a bunch of people is more expensive than a bunch of people accessing different little pages.