If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Should I play Yume Nikki?

edited 2011-05-30 12:09:24 in Webspace
Kichigai birthday!!
I'm an easily scared person

Comments

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of scared when he plays it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I read the Higurashi manga and I wasn't very scared. It's worse than that?
  • edited 2011-05-30 12:19:36
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of scared when she reads it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
  • You can change. You can.
    ...are Vorpy and Nyarly agreeing?

Bloody hell...
  • edited 2011-05-30 12:32:00
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of scared
    when he reads it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
    ...When s/he reads it?

I don't think that Vorpy really meant the same thing as I.
  • Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of scared
    when he watches it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-30 13:31:22
    Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is never really scared but a little creeped out when she plays it. But that's part of the fun, so there.

Seriously, it's unsettling, but what's scary about you? Y'all are a pack of pussies, you know that?

But really, play the damn game.
  • I played it, and I was just kind of bored at how long it took to go places in the game. I even looked up a guide and got the bicycle, but I still lost interest.

It has some cool atmosphere, but the gameplay was just too bland to keep me going.
  • Did you try the chair + bicycle trick? Made it a lot faster / more entertaining for me.
    creeped
    out

Ah, that was the term, I actually looked for! So let me rephrase:

Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of creeped out
    when he plays it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
  • Yes! Of course, I say this as a fan. A fan, who is always kind of creeped out
    when he plays it. But that's part of the fun, so there.
  • edited 2011-05-30 13:48:42
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Could it be that I created a... What's the word for a thing, similar to a meme, but that only exists for a short time?
  • Harbinger of thread and forum death
    I think it's cool to play. It's not really scary so much as unsettling and depressing. Also, if you do play it, STAY AWAY FROM THE FAN THEORIES! Those will drive you to suicide quickly
  • I thought that...

Naw, I don't want to include a spoiler in that joke.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I played it, and I was just kind of bored at how long it took to go places in the game.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    My peace of ship computer makes it painfully slow when saving, so I guess I won't play it after all
    Also, if you do play it, STAY AWAY FROM THE FAN THEORIES! Those will
    drive you to suicide quickly

ô_o

Okay, some theories are pretty well-written, but none of them are that depressing.
  • edited 2011-05-31 13:24:20
    I'm partial to the "everything is a dream" one, because it's not depressing.
  • "everything is a dream"

Including the ending?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    While I don't hate the fan theories I've seen, they do tend to be a bit...invasive. At one point, the TV Tropes page had a lengthy character sheet which did not contain any canon at all.
    But it had "quote quote quote quote"...
  • ^^^ Specially the ending.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    But you KNOW it's all a dream right at the beginning of the game. Fuck, you go to bed to start playing.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Except the ending, which takes place after waking up. Hence why that counts as a theory.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    >:?
    The theory is, that everything is a dream, even when Madotsuki is "awake".

But I don't believe that. If for no other reason, then because the ending music sounds sad.
  • edited 2011-05-31 13:34:42
    (The theory is about everything, including going to bed, sleeping and dreaming, and the ending, being a dream.)

Edit: Ninja'd.