If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People hating Rebecca Black's "Friday" so much.

2»

Comments

• I find it hilarious that this topic got derailed at nearly the exact same time that the other one got re-railed.
  • I don't hate Rebecca Black, but I did find the song and video hilarious when I watched it.  I respect her now that I've seen her interview where she basically trolls everyone about the hidden meanings in Friday and at the end saying it was really all about her hatred of Dave Coulier.  I don't particularly like the lyrics, but they don't make me cringe as much as whatever Bruno Mars writes.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-26 00:03:08
    "I don't hate Rebecca Black, but I did find the song and video hilarious when I watched it.  I respect her now that I've seen her interview where she basically trolls everyone about the hidden meanings in Friday and at the end saying it was really all about her hatred of Dave Coulier."

link plz
  • edited 2011-05-26 00:04:19
    I hope I'm doing this right...

• Woah. That's pretty awesome. Never thought I'd say that about a Rebecca Black video.

Thanks! :D

• A challenger appears.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh holy shit.

Well, I can see the consumerism bit, but the foreign policy and financial stability bits are...kind of a stretch in my opinion.

Then again, I wasn't there when they wrote the song, and I haven't seen the lyrics--which she points out are rife with sarcasm quotation marks.

Also, I don't think she sings the song in such a way that evokes sarcasm, so that didn't help.

That said, I guess she's smarter than we all thought.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ A worthy challenger indeed. I hate those guys.
  • No bad music thread, I feel, would be complete without this video 
  • Clean your room little Billy

Y'know, this is the first time I've managed to listen to 'Friday' all the way through and not puke up my entrails. I think I've become something more than human.

@ Vorpy: You picked a soft Slipknot song and it wasn't the maudlin treacle lump in a vat of charcoal that is Snuff. I am disappoint.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Oh yeah. Hate those guys too.
  • edited 2011-05-26 21:25:35
    The inane lyrics are the exact reason the song is so infamous. Well, that and Black's nasal singing. Also

In a roundabout way I can interpret the rather emotionally flat melody and Black's rather emotionally flat singing as a sign of the sarcasm she mentioned in that video.
  • You know what's really scary? She's not even the worst on that label:

• IJBM that honest to god musicians with actual talent will never be this popular.
  • I wouldn't call it "popular", but other than that, agreed.
  • No such thing as bad publicity.

How much money has this freaking bitch gotten over this?
  • Clean your room little Billy
    ^ More significatly, how much money has Ark Factory gotten out of it?
  • edited 2011-05-26 22:01:25
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    All of it. 

^^^^^ Holy shit, and people call Justin Beiber effeminate. 
    @Thorn14: According to the little I've read, "this freaking bitch" got none, actually.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-26 22:02:19
    As shitty as the song as, I wouldn't call her a bitch. Besides, she's just 13. If anything, blame Ark, they're the assholes in all of this. I mean, it's one thing to sing lyrics that you're handed for money, that's understandable. But to purposefully hand someone something this shitty and not even own up to it? That's just wrong.

Also, that Devin kid is way worse, somehow.