If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Catholicism's attitude toward sex.

edited 2011-05-24 14:29:18 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
I live in Maryland, a state with a fairly large Catholic population. My family is catholic, and they harass me all the time whenever I'm home about whatever girl I happened to meet last semester in college.

They keep on going on about how I shouldn't be having sexual relations so young, and how sex is evil, and how I shouldn't give in to temptation, yadda yadda yadda...

Look, there's a reason we evolved to like sex. Liking something encourages doing it more. Having lots of sex encourages more healthy offspring. It's natural to be sexually active.

"But it's irresponsible to have sex a lot because it results in a child that you might not be able to take care of!"

Well, that's what birth control is for, and, failing that, abortion.

And before you say it, abortion and birth control are not evil because souls do not exist. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that souls do exist, and more and more it's becoming clear that consciousness is linked to the brain, and embryos don't have enough of one to be considered a person. Sperm and egg cells don't have any at all.

Why do people insist that killing something that's not really even alive is wrong? And furthermore, why is preventing conception from happening considered wrong? 

The only answers to either of these hinges on the truly outdated notion of "souls."

Comments