If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What's Going on with Cartoon Network

edited 2011-05-08 07:58:27 in IJBM meta
I keep tuning in wonderign what is happening? why exactly are they airing a basketball game? it doesn't make any sense.

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Network Decay. They're getting better about it, though.
  • Here's hoping just what posessed them to go on thizs sports kick. they are acting like YouTube trolls lately "Anime suxxx you shood watch sportz"
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's actually a movie based on Basketball.

And Boomerang picks up the stuff CN trashes so I don't mind as much.

Although...I would like if PPG got revived.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    We would all like that.

I'd prefer more Samurai Jack, though. That or Dexter's Laboratory. 
    Samurai Jack finished though, so...it would end up like InuYasha if the big bad just...came back for no apparent reason even after most of the major plot threads got finished too.
  • Harbinger of thread and forum death
    My only wish is for toonami's revival.
    Or for Adult Swim's director to...start liking anime so he adds non-shitty titles to the line and doesn't fill the line-up with unfunny shows?
  • PPG? and no it wasn't a movie about basketball it was just a basketball game far as I could tell
  • edited 2011-05-08 19:02:20

Cartoon Netwook used to be in my top 5 most watched channels.  That was back when they had at least one anime practically every day.  It's been over a year now since I watched anything on it.  So I take it it's continued in the direction that caused me to leave?

Not surprising.  -_-

• I like turtles.
    For me the channel started to suck around the time they killed Cartoon Cartoon Fridays and changed the logo.
  • edited 2011-05-08 19:12:18
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "What's Going on with Cartoon Network"

>Cartoon Network
  • "It's actually a movie based on Basketball."

Space Jam?

no, some kind of herokid story about basketball where the underdog team beats a bunch of bullies.
  • Oh, you mean every single damn sports movie ever made then.

Gotcha.
  • Vorpy, thank you for very neatly summarising why sports movies suck. 
  • I always liked underdog stories....

But I'm not very partial to sports.
  • You can change. You can.
    Rocky is awesome, you heathen. It's just Sturgeon's law. Again.
    Raging Bull is good enough. 
    ...I feel bad for saying Rocky now.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Someone should make a stereotypical sports movie, but from the evil team's point of view. You know, so we can actually see why they're bullying the underdog team.
    I liked the "real" ending of Dodgeball, even if it was never intended in the first place. 
    ...um, it was intended. There's a reason the chest with all the money at the end says Deus Ex Machina...
    The original script has Globo Gym losing. This was changed to having Average Joe's losing, but then being able to buy back their gym with the chest Steve the Pirate had at the end of the movie.