If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It sums up my emotions quite nicely: grudging bewilderment yet apathetic acceptance. 
  • ...So fucking what?

They're making a movie of an extremely famous poem. So?

You mad that more people than your hipster friends will know about this poem?

Really, I don't get your antipathy to this. Nerds are way too damn petty sometimes.

• The irony, chagen. It is staggering.
  • Yay, more action movies.
  • Oh, also, Chagen

>extremely famous
    >more people than your hipster friends will know about it.

Is it famous or not chagen? If only hipsters know about it, it is not famous. If it is famous, then your comment about hipsters has no merit.
  • Inside, too dark to read
    This has inspired me to sit in independent coffee shops reading Paradise Lost, and when someone asks "What are you reading?" say it's an obscure poem, you probably haven't heard of it.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    DO IT
  • @Chagen: I really hope you're trolling. Paradise Lost is regarded as one of the most important pieces of literature of the English Language, and while making a 3D movie does not necessarily mean it'll be devoid of artistic integrity, there is good reason to have doubts.
  • "Is it famous or not chagen? If only hipsters know about it, it is not famous. If it is famous, then your comment about hipsters has no merit."

I meant that is was famous, but most people have simply heard of it and haven't actually read any of it at all.

• edited 2011-05-04 19:33:48
    This is the funniest thing since sliced bread.
  • Poot dispenser here
    It's a movie adaptation of Paradise Lost. Call me when this is worse than Dante's Inferno.
  • Didn't you know that, when an adaption is made, every surviving copy of the original work is immediately burned?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ You mean being in it?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Now, now, I'm merely indifferent towards the movie, not downright crazed Harry Potter fandom levels of DIE DIRECTOR DIE.

Though considering the fact that the director directed I, Robot, there's precedent for the movie to take shits all over the source material.
  • I'm with RocketDude here, unless it is worse than Dante's Inferno I really don't care.
  • >the director directed I, Robot

dis gun be good

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, I'm an idiot.

I mistook "Dante's Inferno" to mean "Dante's Divine Comedy", which made me wonder why...

...oh wait, fuck, I just remembered that Paradise Lost is a John Milton epic poem, and not the Paradise section of the Divine Comedy.

DISREGARD ME I SUCK STRAWS
  • edited 2011-05-04 21:55:24
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It's supposed to be action-oriented as well.

On the one hand, the literary analysist inside of me wants to weep.

On the other hand, FUCKING ANGELS FIGHTING TO THE DEATH.

V LOL
  • Had to look this up.  It's a poem.  Therefor, the movie will be better by the simple merit of not being a poem.
  • edited 2011-05-04 22:06:41
    Ah, I was wondering when Deboss would show up to remind everyone that he hates art culture thought, in case any of us forgot.
  • Hey, Deboss likes thinking...about engineering, I presume.
  • Inside, too dark to read
    I think Deboss was one of those robots programmed to destroy humanity, until all references to "humanity" in the program were hacked to "humanities".
  • edited 2011-05-04 22:22:08
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ And nice butts clad in purple and black spandex. I presume. 
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Who knows, this may very well be the coolest thing ever.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And pigs may miraculously sprout wings and fly us all to Mars, which is populated by a million clones of Charlie Sheen.
  • edited 2011-05-05 00:56:41
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that one.
  • edited 2011-05-05 04:56:36
    I think Deboss was one of those robots programmed to destroy humanity,
    until all references to "humanity" in the program were hacked to
    "humanities".

Quite possible.  That said, we can only hope for some great action between angels and demons.  Hopefully it won't end with some crappy Deus Ex Machina where God shows up and does everything to solve it and we end up with lots fights and shit.  Hopefully with laser beams.  And unicorns.
  • Shut the fuck up, I Robot was a good movie.