If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Pictures with malformed hands

2»

Comments

• edited 2023-10-21 14:43:26
    That was harder than I expected. I tried to use some LoRAs that were available (tl;dr: super prompts) but it seems they had conflicting ideas on what John Paul II and Frank Fazetta style are. It took some looking around for the right tools and a bunch of tweaking but I think I got something that at least resembles that 90s fantasy muscled dude vibe:

qdTh1y5.png
    Z168NWB.png
    Q2bhEUB.png
    XbdCRJv.png
    bx1pYQz.png

Other stuff I got that I thought was interesting/funny:

w51Wb62.png
    dkAqtOk.png
    lDnNBXh.png
    osYy7MA.png
    OCNcrea.png
    254rn4t.png
    JLEQ4zd.png
    Wj0xslb.png
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Hey baby, you wanna hear about my 2137lvl cleric? (And paladin, and monk. And, I dunno, a gunslinger?)

It's slightly different to what I expected - I guess that's what you mean by these troubles with getting the AI to grasp the Frazetta style - but I could totally use a bunch of these images as D&D character art. And one as a piece of gay art. As for the rest, I believe I could see a few boomers treating it as legitimate devotional focus much like with that image of prequel Obi-Wan that's been making the rounds a decade or so ago.
  • edited 2023-10-21 13:20:22
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    And one as a piece of gay art

One???

I'm trying not to do AI art right now but I did finally learn to use LoRAs and now I really, really want to try them out.

re:subject and artsyle, maybe use that technique where you structure the prompt in paragraphs. It works for some people, though of course never for me.
  • edited 2023-10-31 04:42:50
    Despite my best efforts to quit AI art, I tried a LoRA that creates geometric/flat illustrations.

KTWvc8t.jpg
    8URlHFT.jpg

Funny thing is it seems to only create head and shoulder portraits, and there appear to be ways to make it generate very weirdly specific things.

D68EZIU.jpg

It occurred to me that maybe I used the wrong resolution, but trying portrait did not help.

mJhBrmq.jpg
    1Tg1QJI.jpg

(I like how the second one has a vaguely postal stamp look to it).

I genuinely think there's no way to make this thing generate anything more than head and shoulders portraits.

As for weirdly specific things, "accent" makes it give everybody lipstick, no matter how hard you try to mask it.

Osjv0AH.jpg
    HFpu6b8.jpg

Other pieces.

D68EZIU.jpg
    BqWIPGG.jpg
  • edited 2023-10-31 06:41:54
    Another thing I've been trying lately is testing the limits of base Stable (XL1.0), since I want to uninstall some of these models (like Juggernaut and that one anime-ish one. I've already uninstalled everything aside from Juggernaut so hopefully I won't need it...).

Aside from that, now that I've learned to use LoRAs, I want to use Stable without LoRAs and see how far I can push it. I could always learn to "train" my own Stable, but that seems like it'd require even more computing power and I don't care for it.

So what I've been doing is writing prompts in two or three parts (I used to do this, but not as seriously as I am now).

One thing I had to re-learn is that base Stable has a thing against Asian men (how is the conservative position the one getting mugged by reality here?).

E93ieUr.jpg

The prompt for this literally contained "Asian man". I think it also contained "woodsy cabin", which is why it literally carved a cabin out of a tree...?

"Triadic colors" usually gives me odd geometric backgrounds, but this time it gave me random planets (and dinosaur birds?).

0ovBd10.jpg

Same prompt, and more typical. I always set seeds to slightly negative, which is why the pieces come out so different I think.

Xq6NiFw.jpg

The best I've managed so far with no extra models and LoRAs is this;

ZBhOyaX.jpg

I added an extra color or something here I think, and also changed the resolution, and it lost the pseudo-realism (but still looks nice, hopefully imgur won't Douyin me again).

SjPlper.jpg

This is also nice, but for some reason "dandelions" always becomes "giant dandelions".

H0BS2eg.jpg
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    SDXL versus Umbrellas

It did not win.

qsbPWHF.jpg
    L6oaHEt.jpg
    9rUpAsB.jpg
    XaUG5Uj.jpg

The second one is almost okay, but still not right.
    AI regularly mistakes fashion prompts for item prompts. For example, "motocross jacket" gets you a lot of motorcycles along with the fashion piece you're looking for.

Fclg4TH.jpg
    aMAn4cU.jpg

I even tried "hat boxes", knowing very well that this would add hats but nooooo.

n85CN09.jpg

Sometimes, AI just messes with you and creates hobbits for some reason. I'm guessing it's the resolution I picked.

teMC6c3.jpg

I have accidentally created a gallery of gay pride.

BEXaQeC.jpg
    VmCv7jt.jpg

After a while, even the hand gestures got very gay.

hxJVYVo.jpg
    Christmas01.png

Merry Christmas~
  • edited 2024-01-15 14:22:24
    Ahh, that's adorable.

I recently learned that "ethically sourced" models actually exist, those based on public domain, cc0 or licensed stuff. It's something I was hoping for so as to get around the moral quandary in using artists' works to compete against them. The ones I know are Mitsua and Ethical Diffusion (which has since been deleted) and there's next to no info on them out there. Let's experiment:

First try:
    BqU9nNr.png
    Let's try again and compare with other models (note: the first two are models built on top of base SD (i.e. better), middle two are base SD (edit: wrong picture), last two are Mitsua, the ones we're interested in:
    FhsKKnh.jpg
    Maybe it's the sampler?:
    iEz4SXX.jpg
    Maybe it's the SD VAE?:
    un0u6a3.png
    Ahh, that's more like it. Let's try again (note: middle one is base SD 1.5):
    LSoEsA1.jpg
    It's promising. Let's try again but with modern-day stuff (since it's based on stuff they're allowed to use, it's biased towards old stuff in the public domain). Let's also include SD 2 (note: I don't know what "ema only" means or entails):
    I9vz0gt.jpg
    Ehhh...
    (It shows that the base for anime stuff is vRoid.)
    I don't yet know how to train LoRAs, but if it's like how it works in other models it goes a very long way in getting you what you're looking for.
  • So I was working some more on how to use AI with Blender scenes (to the point I created an addon for that), but ehh, they're terrible, so instead have a video that succinctly explains the effects AI will have on our society:
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    we will turn into cheap cgi
    I had this idea for an image but it took me a few days to get around to actually making it. At first, I kept getting an oddly "protest" image.

K1hPfyT.jpg
    l7FzwnY.jpg

But after I kept changing the wording, it got better.

eFQ2X8J.jpg

I also ran this same image through a new XL model (Dreamshaper 7) and I kept getting this very samey look that was similar to the base even if I tried specifying the style.

gEaxQoo.jpg

Same thing happened with this prompt that had been giving me issues for ages anyways (tl;dr, AI does not believe in beach balls).

rATB2IT.jpg
    u7Nc8JB.jpg
    tLqL4V1.jpg

This last one came out well but sadly it has the curse of Extra Limbs.

Then I tried without the beachball.

V5J1KwJ.jpg

Then ran it through Dreamshaper, which... did not exactly improve the style.

MBhZXPO.jpg

It's not bad. It's just not what I wanted, and you can see how it's basically the same style as earlier, even though this prompt has some extremely obvious style cues.
  • Confession: I'm a sucker for the drama that comes from AI witch hunt accusations, especially when they obviously come from non-artists who have no idea what they're talking about.
    Related to that:
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, that was an enlightening watch.