If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I slept in past the class I stayed up late to finish homework for.

edited 2011-04-22 14:32:30 in General
Pony Sleuth
Motherfucker.

Comments

• a little muffled
    Moral of the story: Don't do homework.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    Alternative moral: Caffeine, caffeine, caffeine!

(Not sure which one's more family friendly...)
  • a little muffled
    Unless you're suggesting a caffeine IV alarm, I'm not sure how caffeine would really help with not sleeping in.
  • edited 2011-04-22 14:50:56
    Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    Drat, I misread the title... thought it said slept in the class, during the class. Oh well. My new moral is: multiple alarm clocks in different parts of the room. Or, don't do homework.
  • No rainbow star
    My moral is NEVER. FALL. ASLEEP. AGAIN!
    ^ So, in other words: caffeine?
  • Radical Alternative Moral: Adderall is your friend until you build up resistance.
  • And then switch to cocaine.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Or 5 Hour Energy. 
  • Always hated doing that.
  • Seems that the consensus is that drugs will solve all my problems.
    It worked for Underdog.
  • edited 2011-04-22 17:12:49
    Loser
    Gelzo,
    Have you tried setting multiple different types of alarms (i.e. what BaronGrackle mentioned, but with the addition of alarms that are not clocks too)? I realize that what happened to you might have just been a (really unfortunate) one time thing, but I know that it makes me rest a bit easier when I set my phone and DS alarm  the night before I need to get up at a certain time.

As for the question of homework, from what I can tell, doing homework is pretty helpful, especially in the long run. Even if you may be able to get through every class without really caring about it, I think that doing that kind of stuff probably makes it easier to do actual work in the "real world" because setting aside time to work on it keeps you motivated and can build up your will power a bit. Plus, it might save you some studying time or I might just not really know what I am talking about. 

I have definitely heard of some rather tedious and unnecessary homework though.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:34:57

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• Keep a regular sleep schedule, and make allowances for when you have to stay up (maybe a midday nap, some caffeine, or just going to bed early the next day).
  • >It worked for Syd Barrett.

Fix'd.

• $80+ per session