If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The End of the World in 2012

edited 2011-03-16 20:18:08 in General
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
Discuss.

Comments

• RahXephon did it better.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    We've had this thread. Short version; it's like expecting the world to end at the end of every year, or century, or month, or week or other arbitrary time period.
  • a little muffled
    I think that in RahXephon they should've mentioned the December 20, 2012 date earlier. Like in the first episode. That way, the twist / First Episode Spoiler would be that the world didn't end in 2012.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    RahXephon didn't do it well though.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    From the all-knowing Wiki Wiki, article on Maya calendar:

"Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next baktun."
  • RahXephon didn't do it well though.

No, it did.
  • I sort of ave my hopes up for The End Of  The World As We Know It. but I have a very jaded bitter outlook anyway.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    The world will end on August 25, 2017

And that is the truth.

/thread
  • I thought it was April 13, 2036.
    Well technically, the 2036 date is the end of all existing life on the planet Earth. The 2017 date is just when the human species is wiped out. There's still no certainty on when the real end of the world occurs---as in, the total destruction of the physical planet itself.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    Why do you think the human race will end in 2017?
    Because 2017 is the year that the Australian Aboriginal calendar has a drawing of a giant kraken.
  • Nonsense we all know it will end on October 12th 2077
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    @BaronGrackle:

Source please?
    The source materials were eliminated by members of the Heavenly Kingdom cult, during the Taiping Rebellion of the mid-19th century. Those who did the eliminating were subsequently executed by the Chinese Imperial government, which denied this aspect of the rebellion. There is therefore no existing evidence. If you have a time traveling device, however, you can check my references back in time or travel forward to see the end of days yourself. Regardless, I feel that the burden of proof is no longer upon me.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ So after using my time machine, I can now prove that your theory is incorrect.
    Did y... did you change it all just now? Jerk. Yeah, way to win an argument. You're only supposed to use those things to observe, you know. Real mature.