If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2017-05-14 07:58:10
    "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    *hapt gretig toe* Dat is Deens. 
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Another Eurovision has come and gone. This is the first one where I watched the entirety of both semi-finals and the final (plus the 900 listens I gave to the official album), and it was beyond worth it. Can't wait for next year.

It was really weird how the winner of Eurovision was all "I hope we can enter an age of meaningful, non-disposable music" (for the record, second place was the most modern pop song by the most polished young popstar boy wonder, but Portugal won by a large margin I guess).

Still sad Apollo didn't even get to the final.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Truly, it is a privilege to be able to help others in need.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Watched it too, I now have the strangest urge to play the Wind Waker again. 
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I wish I didn't have to go to work today
  • Just came back home after several days out.

Watched it too, I now have the strangest urge to play the Wind Waker again. 

For some reason (maybe it's all those speedrun videos I've watched) I've been feeling like playing all those Zelda games I never played. I never played anything past Oracle of Seasons/Ages so that's a lot to catch up with. Same goes with Mario and Pokémon games.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today

Me everyday.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I went to work anyway.

It was busy but okay.
    So after a bit of poking, I ended up making a new stop-motion video. It was really quite spur-of-the-moment, and I had the idea for it mostly last night or the day before, I guess.

I took advantage of not having classes to not study, or actually not watch Idol Time PriPara which is what I was really planning to do, to just really put my 100% in. I decided to use a song that's kind of old, but it's what came to me at the time. I'm glad actually because I kind of moved freely compared to animation that is super-recent in my mind.

The outfit for Briar I'd made some time before. It's actually just as various pieces over a long period of time, mixed and matched, but it informed how I wanted to make Dexter's outfit. The pants are storebought from some random fashion pack thing, but the overshirt was this faux-silk material I thought would be good for dresses. It gave me the most trouble, because I decided that not only was it going to be a coat but I'd also do the black piping on the one side to give it character, which was ridiculous.

I made it before I started on the undershirt, which was part of a batch of fabric I bought at the same time as the faux-silk and I was really mad because it was solid and took to sewing super well (I had to work it over his head and then sneak his hands in and it didn't break/tear/lose thread at all). I wish I'd just made the whole outfit out of similar fabric, but the contrast is nice.

I have no idea where the concept with the puzzle pieces came from, aside from I've been trying to figure out what to do with the 1000 piece puzzle I'll clearly never finish (I'm sure I've lost some pieces now with all that throwing).

I'm glad I went with the whole concept (with both Briar and Dexter "dancing"), even though it did a number on my lower back.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    I'm a lyricist now. Also, I got admitted to an entrepeneur contest on an ironic anti-racist job site pitch idea. 
    Woke up feeling strangely dizzy.  That was strange.

Went back to sleep and got up later, feeling better.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    drinking Pepsi
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'm drinking tea, but the time of year comes when at this hour I will be munching on watermelons and drinking kvas.
    a food truck at a local festival offered mofongo for $9.99

should have picked some up to try it out when i had the chance
  • Today is my birthday.

If I had started doing one of those take-a-photo-of-yourself-everyday montages of myself I wouldn't have the heart to look at it.
    Happy Birthday!

I think those never end well in fiction (or I'm just remembering the one in
    When We Rise which they started entirely because a gay couple were trying to keep their spirits up in the middle of the HIV/AIDS scare in America).

Today at work I got all sentimental and considered asking my boss to stand in-front of the company logo-thingy so we could look back on it in a few years (because right now it's just above a new venture) but obviously that sounds weird and I hate making a thing of stuff IRL.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Happy birthday.

I don't take photos of myself because I am not photogenic, alas
  • Thank you both.

Today wasn't as bad as I had expected, and what I expected would make tomorrow a bad day as well (university technical issues) turned out to not be a problem, so, yay I guess.
    Happy belated birthday, Stormtroper!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Ayup, congrats.
  • edited 2017-05-24 16:53:47
    Thanks!

My professor mentioned that maybe I should run for a professorship after I graduate. I'm not that smart and my grades weren't good, on the other hand the competition right now is really low. Maybe I could try?
    Heh, my professor told me years ago I should not expect they'll ready up a seat for me.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    THE THIRST HAS ENDED
  • is that good or bad :o
    It means I temporarily sated my desire to flood my system with toxic amounts of oxytocin released from an erogenous stimuli
    Grafitti seen today: "Andrew you dick go sledding"
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    sledding in May, huh
  • edited 2017-05-26 20:43:17
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I think it might be older and it's just me spotting it so late. Also, some half an hour ago I've had a revelation it might be political. The president's been doing some skiing this year and folks minded it a bit.
    HEY REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME I WAS FUCKING BANNED FOR POSSIBLY GETTING PEOPLE IN TROUBLE
  • so guess who only had two hours of sleep and forced to stay up for around eight hours while her grandmother turned out to need emergency care in hospital over possible brain problems
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    :(