If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No rainbow star
    So how many people are even left here, then?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I dunno, but I'd expect Stormtroper should know if he's the IJBM chronicler. Between five to ten, I guess?
  • I'd expect Stormtroper should know if he's the IJBM chronicler

Funny you said that, 'cuz I actually started enumerating them after reading Ica's post. Here's what I got:

• Alex*
    • Bee
    • blueeyedrat*
    • CA*
    • 14wings*
    • Gacek
    • IA
    • KilgoreTrout*
    • Glenn
    • Naas
    • Noim*
    • Stormtroper
    • Tatterhood
    • vandro
    • Vorpy
    • Zennistrad

*: Not too frequent posters.

I don't think we had any interestingly "flashy" experiment during our courses.

Actually, the ones on metal casting were cool (pun not originally intended). Molten aluminium is pretty (images don't do it justice).
  • I'm surprised I'm counted as a frequent poster tbh.
  • edited 2016-02-13 21:49:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The other day, someone threw a nearly-empty pack of cigarettes into the trash, sometime during the lab class.

(No, they weren't lit.  Thankfully.)

Being near the top of the trash, I did have the chance of fish it out, out of curiosity.  I'm not a smoker, so I don't come into contact with cigarettes that often, especially not unlit ones.

I took a sniff of the dried tobacco leaves, out of curiosity, and it turns out that they do have a vaguely pleasant aroma.  Nothing like the smell of burning tobacco leaves either.  That said, maybe it was part of the flavoring, since I don't remember checking whether that pack was flavored.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    For a while I was convinced you'll follow with "I lit one, out of curiosity". Dude, it's not like we're judging you or something.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, to be honest, I'm rather more familiar with what a cigarette is like when it is lit, so it's inherently more interesting to me unlit.
    Yeah, I guess you repeated that "out of curiosity" by accident, but it was a funny one.
    Oh, haha, yeah I did repeat it by accident.  Oops.
  • Hopefully they will cut me out, otherwise you can see me on national television on Thursday talking about the fact that pills lead to better sex because you're more likely to die and rigor mortis is hot shit. I just hope I can go for disturbing because all the other interview questions just make me look like a colossal clown. Screw you, ambush television. 

Clearly, the Internet is too small for you.

In other news, have you heard gravitational waves are forbidden in Nordrhein-Westfalen?

• Second shift on job hooking people on green energy, and an old hippie started to tell me about a zero point energy conspiracy theory (we actually had a political party who had that in its programme a few years back): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy
    We don't have zero-point or ministers banning gravitational waves (by the way: wasn't Octo from NRW?), just the usual "X was an assassination" plus creationist/antivax/climate mix. On the other hand, it's almost mainstream.
    There are two different types of copying paper that have been used in the printing of these lab manuals.

One kind has copy (yellow) sheets that copy onto themselves.  I have to grade these one sheet at a time, swinging the other sheets back, or else anything I write will bleed through.

The other kind, I don't.
  • Weird.

When I took Gen Chem they made us all use lab notebooks with the carbonless copy sheets. We handed in the copies and kept the originals to use on our reports.
  • Recommended FB groups: RSD Inner Circle (local town).

Members: two folks I know on FB and Julien Blanc. Gonna squeeze them for info when I see them in person, this shit should be hilarious. 
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Oh boi The Bull might gain control of the PRD, neo-liberal bovine, but my issue is that Benicio Robinson endorses him, that fucker is the reason why the PRD is as inneffective and corrupt as it is.

^^^ Killing dolphins is the ecological equivalent of, like, dog kicking at the very least. (Dog kicking kind of is a crime against nature as well, but let's not get carried away.)

Oh, and turns out that gravitational wave ban was a satire. My bad.

lrdgck wrote: »
    Oh, and turns out that gravitational wave ban was a satire. My bad.

POE'd
    Sort of. My understanding of German is good enough to grasp the story, not good enough to figure out it's satire.

Does any of you recognize the meme, in which different photographs/depictions of the same person are used as an illustration of various music genres? 

Or bands, as in this case. I'm trying to find more examples, but it's a bit hindered by the fact I'm not sure what keywords should I look for.

• edited 2016-02-20 13:13:39
    I feel like I've seen it before but can't place it.

In other news, I have realized that, in a noisy setting and a North American accent, "Monica" and "Madoka" sound similar.
    I've posted one in the pics thread once. The one with John Paul II monuments. Back then I thought it was just a one-time occurrence, but recently I've seen some other examples. 'Course, if it was the first picture of this kind, it would have been a one-time occurrence.
    Was playing Pathfinder yesterday evening and I missed a chance to say "Shut your magic mouth!".
  • *exists*

*exists*

Sup.
  • I'm continuing to be important on the internet, flounder through romantic relationships, and psychologically deteriorate. How are you?
  • edited 2016-02-22 18:20:15
    I'm continuing to be important on the internet, flounder through romantic relationships, and psychologically deteriorate. How are you?

Much busier this semester because I'm TAing a class, specifically three lab sections.  Though today I'm fretting over car maintenance.

Just got myself into a Pathfinder group, which I'm not sure is a good thing for my schedule, but oh well.

Still need to wrap my head around saving time and doing less dilly-dallying.  I feel as though a lot of my time ends up being "where did all my time go?".  Meanwhile, I curse my inability to enjoy gaming as much as I used to because I'm constantly worrying about stuff that I should have prioritized higher.