If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Really weird shit from youtube

edited 2011-04-18 14:58:04 in Meatspace
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT

Comments

• Why does anybody even look at Youtube comments anymore?

More importantly, how do you read Youtube comments, since it's always just people arguing with other people but you can never figure out which post they're talking about because Youtube decided that being able to reply to specific comments was too much of a useful feature.
  • edited 2011-04-18 15:03:36
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    http://img812.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110418at555.png/

Although the last part is still technically true. 
  • I can understand not being original and having annoying vocals as being bad things (I dunno if they actually apply though since I haven't listened to The Arcade Fire), but... they don't play solos?  That's a bad thing?
    Not that it's a bad thing (I love Arcade Fire). It's just generally true. 

For fuck's sakes. 
  • The YouTube user hendon700 thinks that Freemasons are using magical powers to stalk him because he is the second coming of Christ.

No, seriously. Look him up. He makes videos.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    People read the comments?
  • Look, I appreciate the sentiment, but the fact remains that the top-rated comments are always visible right underneath the video playing. There's no way to avoid having them in your eyeline, unless you either go fullscreen or the uploader has a really long video description.
  • edited 2011-04-18 22:52:23
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I have a greasemonkey script that hides them.

Cool I know right?
  • Is there a greasemonkey script that cleans up Youtube comments of stupidity?
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Yes, it gets rid of them. All of them.

Very specific.
  • ^^^^ Depends on your screen resolution (obviously)

For me, the "show more" thing in the description is right at the bottom of the window, as long as I don't scroll down.
  • thumbs up if you think this thread is better than justine bieber lol
  • I never go to videos where the comments are stupid.

I've never seen comments like this. All I usually see is talking about how awesome the video is and hilarious witty comments (seriously, read the top-rated comments, they're almost always epicly funny snark).

I made a thread about this....
    ^ Fun fact: The very first one (the one with dozens of comments marked as spam, each with thousands of thumbs up) is from a Will It Blend? video. 

So even normal videos can attract lunacy. 
  • I mostly hang around videos of games, music from anime or games, Touhou stuff, and the like, where's everyone's cool and fights usually don't break out.
  • edited 2011-04-19 10:19:40
    .comments-section{display:none;}

Best custom CSS I've ever used.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Look, I appreciate the sentiment, but the fact remains that the
    top-rated comments are always visible right underneath the video
    playing. There's no way to avoid having them in your eyeline, unless you
    either go fullscreen or the uploader has a really long video
    description.

Not if your vertical resolution is 768 or lower.

That said, I don't know why people hate the comments so much.  I find them highly entertaining, and I frequently use them myself, either to crack jokes or to ask what music was used in a certain place in the video.

That said, I rarely watch extremely popular videos, such as that "Friday" song.  I usually just watch YTP videos, and some failblog stuff, and some Rescue 911 reuploads, and various gameplay and game hack videos.  On those videos, the comments are usually either intelligent or funny.  Occasionally both.
    I like Will It Blend, Is It A Good Idea to Microwave This, Ashens, and Retsupurae. Not much else. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I've seen most of Microwave This.  I archive-binged it when bored once.

Will It Blend has rather disappointingly few videos, last time I checked.  That was over a year ago though.

Retsupurae has some nice videos but most of them aren't much more than just half-random snarking.  That said, the infamous SNES9x and Please Stop Let's Playing I Wanna Be The Guy videos are two of the best, along with "Let's point at Super Metroid".
    Well, it is MST3K for Let's Plays.