If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Coca-Cola Freestyle

I hate these things.

They have one spout, so no more than one person can use them at a time.

They have a MENU, meaning you can't immediately access your drink.

The variety of regular Coca-Cola they dispense is overly bitter, not sweet like the typical fountain Coke.

And worst of all, nobody seems to mind any of this.

Comments

• a little muffled
    I like them because they're the only way you can get Vanilla Coke at a movie theatre.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I had never heard about these until now.

1. Do they allow you to get tap water for free?

2. Do they allow you to forgo ice and get more soda?  (I have a hunch the answer is no)

3. Do all the flavor combinations cost the same?

Also for some reason I was mildly surprised when I read on Wikipedia that the machines are leased rather than sold.  Not sure why.
  • a little muffled
    I've only ever seen these at one particular movie theatre, but there at least the answers are no, yes, and yes. You buy a cup at the concession stand and fill it up at the machine; the machine itself doesn't charge anything.
  • Nyktos wrote: »
    I like them because they're the only way you can get Vanilla Diet Coke.

fixed for personal opinion
  • @glennmagusharvey: You know how at some fast food places they just give you the cup and you fill your own drink at the fountain? It's just that, but with an absurd number of choices because there are various extra flavorings (vanilla, cherry, lemon, etc.) that you can add to each drink.