If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2015-04-21 17:59:31
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
  • edited 2015-10-09 06:57:47
    [user deleted]
  • Thanks. Although I can't say I was very close to her.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Sorry to hear that; my sympathies with you and your family.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

(Been a day or two, hope it won't come off as insensitive.)

Eurgh. Just sent a project, two minutes before deadline. Got an academic course that was kind of hard to get in the flow for me, which wouldn't be a problem if the requirements weren't forcing me like this. Some research design and statistics stuff. Fun stuff is I was doing most of what they want me to study without any knowledge of it.

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm apparently not banned from Esper anymore, somehow. Yay.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So, it's like the third of May, meaning we've got the Constitution Day around here. Quite like the thing. For once it's there to celebrate us having actually done something constructive. And there's a better chance of good weather in May than it is in, like, November.

By the way, that project ended up better than I expected, really. Had a couple of errors, but presented the thing, learned some stuff, overally went quite well. Now, the rest of the program to take on.

The hymns "There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood" and "Amazing Grace" have interchangeable melodies.
    The first one isn't as metal as the title makes it seem, I'm guessing?
  • edited 2015-05-04 19:31:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There is a fountain filled with blood
    drawn from Immanuel's veins,
    and sinners plunged beneath that flood
    lose all their guilty stains.

It's talking about the blood of Christ.
    Somehow I knew I shouldn't have expected Slayer.
    FYI, note to the new applicant Sizzler, who applied twice before I got around to approving the first one -- your first application (as Sizzler) has been approved.
  • My dodgy knee is acting up again thanks to the freakishly cold weather.

Fun.
    words that are very different in meaning despite being similar in sound:

tenuous
    (thin and almost not there.  derived from Latin "tenius", which means
    "thin"; that word itself is from a Proto-Indo-European word meaning
    thin.)
    tenacious (holding on firmly, clinging.  derived from Latin
    "tenere", which means "to hold", which itself is derived from a
    Proto-Indo-European word meaning to stretch.)

The two roots are
    probably ultimately from the same source, and the two aren't mutually
    exclusive, but the meanings are certainly not commonly used together.
    I had a failwin in my life recently. Sparing you the details, it was the kind of fail that felt pretty much like a win to me, thank you very much - or, in different words, the kind of win that could easily have passed for a fail for someone else.
  • Got a new laptop, to replace the one that got stolen. Hopefully I'll get stuff done with it.
    So, heh heh heh, the exit polls are coming. Seems like there'll be the second round. The winners are unsurprising (the current guy and the primary opposition party guy), but the third place is quite interesting: the unaffiliated rock musician guy got some 20%.
  • edited 2015-05-10 19:18:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »
    So, heh heh heh, the exit polls are coming. Seems like there'll be the second round. The winners are unsurprising (the current guy and the primary opposition party guy), but the third place is quite interesting: the unaffiliated rock musician guy got some 20%.

What election is this for?  Like, what kind of election just happened (in Poland?  that's where you are, right?)
  • 3 weeks in quarantine for a drug trial. The things I do for dosh. 
    Presidential election. Go ahead if you've got questions. But I've got a feeling IA's drug problems might be stealing the show right now.
  • edited 2015-05-13 19:55:10
    Diet NEET
    With 50 percent chance of a placebo and zero reported side effects so far, your election is bound to be more interesting or at least to have more dank memes, going by the election posters you've posted in the past. 
    Presidential's rather bland. As there were like eleven candidates overall, the chance of at least one of them being dumb enough to go along with that kind of poster was rather low anyway. That's not to say there weren't any weirdos. A rockman (20% of the vote!) fixated on electoral reform, a creepy weirdo nerd out to combat Jews and Freemasons, Eliezer Yudkowsky's lecherous evil grandpa, and the eye candy I linked to in the images thread.
  • >At dinner table in research center
    >Belgian dude, Indonesian-Dutch dude and Surinam-Dutch dude bitch about Moroccans
    Gotta love that horizontal hatred. Also bumped into an article about a Turkish woman bitching about East-Europeans fucking up her neighbourhood. The only proper way to stimulate integration is to keep importing new minorities for the rest to whine about, it seems.  

• edited 2015-05-15 20:33:36
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

"Lost work"

Suetonius'

Lives of Famous Whores

...damn.

----

Meanwhile in Poland: man shots himself. In the back. With a cop's gun. While drunk and handcuffed. Case ruled as suicide.

• >Column contest
    >Look at previous winners
    >1/2 is Littlest Cancer Patient sob stories
    >Theme this time is Guts
    >Write about medical experiments for money while framing it as the sob stories initially
    >Conclusion is that it takes guts to fool the reader in such a manner
    Let's see if I can finally get that mob of offended people I've secretly craved for so long. 
  • I joined HabitRPG, a task-management website turned into RPG (you get exp/gold for doing real-life stuff, and do ordinary RPG stuff with it).
  • >board is over in lab for weekly meeting because as a veteran labrat I have special visitor privileges
    >jambe workshop in background right at that moment
    It's good we had absolutely nothing to discuss anyway.
  • edited 2015-05-20 23:41:44
    Female Chinese Australian Tolkien Freak
    Just sitting around trying to figure out a couple of assignments. They’re overdue even with an extension through my uni's Disability Services. And contemplating a supernatural thriller I'm writing about St. Nicholas and his helpers (think Krampus) kidnapping "naughty" kids to make toys and how one of them figures out why they were taken. It's Better than It Sounds. Or that's what I like to think. Written down it's just plain weird.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    "naughty" kids to make toys
    Do they make the children into toys or just enslave them?
  • Today's my birthday.

This year it feels particularly empty.