If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Special K Bars

edited 2014-03-01 07:38:58 in Meatspace
There is love everywhere, I already know

There is a lot wrong with this line of products (And I will get to it in a moment) buuuuut their Red Berry snackbar and non-chocolate Biscuit Moments are delicious.

What bugs me is the disgustingly pruney freeze-dried red berries they use. The texture is terrible. The Peach and Apricot ones are somehow even worse. Also is it really that hard to make somewhat okay tasting thing that claims "chocolate" on the front?

Erm, now that's out of the way: Their new campaign is really demeaning, "What will you gain when you lose?". With things like "Confidence" and "Strength" plastered on the back not directly under those words but obviously that's what they're implying. Not only that, but Special K things aren't actually really good for you (If you eat two packs of Biscuit Moments, which is four entire biscuits, you've basically eaten a snack pack of muesli with a fifty:fifty muesli:gummy candy ratio) and their website is just literally a diet book (which I guess is good since you only pay for the delicious bits) that teaches you to become obsessively calorie count-ey (Which even ELLE magazine thinks is a bad idea).

Also they use that "We're going to trick you all by using the term 'calories' instead of like, actual things that are in this" and plasters the ingredients on the back (in weird serving portions, I once noted that biscuit packs of like twenty count "four biscuits" as one serving) which is counter-intuitive (Since the website suggests doing your math, or at least encourages it) and makes me annoyed at them from a business viewpoint (At least lie consistently!).

Comments

• My mom has been eating lots from them lately, mostly as a way of keeping her weight down.

I haven't had very much beyond their popcorn chips but those are okay, I guess.
  • edited 2014-03-13 22:26:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Erm, now that's out of the way: Their new campaign is really demeaning, "What will you gain when you lose?". With things like "Confidence" and "Strength" plastered on the back not directly under those words but obviously that's what they're implying.

Anyone else notice an awkward disconnect of principle between buying more and losing weight?

I mean, when you stop and think about it, it's almost like buying a spider to catch a fly...