If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I love/hate Medaka Box

GAPGAP
edited 2013-07-17 15:38:31 in General

I really hate Medaka Box and yet I love the series. I know the series is a satire of Shonen Jump and a critique on tropes found shonen manga in general but it doesn't me from finding the characters especially the title character grating. I hate this series but I love its ideas and even after the series has ended, it left quite an effect when I can no longer take any shonen seriously. I hate this series yet I love it and it bugs me.

Comments

• The main character has boobs, and it is a trainwreck.

I know this about Medaka Box.

• That's nice, dear.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

The main character has boobs, and it is a trainwreck.

Medaka is not the main character and it does that thing where the first part is fun and then it super shounens after the first two dozen or so chapters, this is all I know about Medaka box.

• GAPGAP
    edited 2013-07-18 12:43:33

Medaka may or may not be the main character but it seems as though every plot revolves around her. The manga often questions whether or  not she is actually perfect but she usually resolves the plot with even more perfection. Medaka is a Parody but she is still grating to me.

• Well that's a problem.

• meduka box

• Medaka is a deconstruction of the shonen hero, she is unbeatable in everything but she doesn't really know what she wants to do.  Medaka is a perfect but her perfection get used against her a lot and she gets called out on it but she usually resolves with even more perfection. Medaka is a grating because her perfection alienates from everyone , the plot usually revolves around her even when it doesn't. She irritates me to no end.

• I think you're the only one who knows what you're talking about.

• medaka

become megaca

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Medaka is a perfect but her perfection get used against her a lot and she gets called out on it but she usually resolves with even more perfection. Medaka is a grating because her perfection alienates from everyone , the plot usually revolves around her even when it doesn't. She irritates me to no end.

I'm starting to think you mean "This manga is just really badly written."

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It isn't badly written per se, it's just written by a guy who usually write at his own leisure and with a weekly manga the pressure to sell affect the quality of the work.

• That doesn't mean it's not badly written, just why it's badly written.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

True enough.

• Some fans say it is a badly written, others say it is that way intentionally but I say the manga and its heroine is annoying.

• being medaka box is suffering