If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There aren't very many fandom-specific boorus or fanfic sites.

edited 2013-05-25 12:38:05 in General

One of the major reasons I'm into the My Little Pony fandom is because we have our dedicated image site, Derpibooru, and our own dedicated fan fiction site, FiMfiction. It's really convenient to have sites just for pony images and fanfics, and I also really like both sites' layout, with FiMfiction having a better design than fanfiction.net.

So why can't we have anything like this for other major fandoms, such as Pokemon? I mean, ponies are great and all, but I'd like to be more easily able to experience other fandoms' work as well.

Comments

• edited 2013-05-25 13:26:39

I think general use sites are just more convenient somehow. Maybe some people find it easier if their Star Wars fanfic was on the same site as their Harry Potter fanfic, and so on.

Also,

-> we

and on that note: someone slap me if I ever refer to any fandom as "we".

• So why can't we have anything like this for other major fandoms

Because it requires a very special kind of fans.

Or maybe because the fandoms that do have these things (My Little Pony and... Homestuck?) are a pretty recent thing, born mostly out of the internet, rather than growing into it.

• I think general use sites are just more convenient somehow.

See, I think it'd be exactly the opposite. If I want to search pokemon images en masse, the only site I can think of for that is DeviantArt, which is absolutely horrible for mass image searches, since the thumbnails aren't large enough to give you an idea of what you're looking at. Fanfiction.net also has an absolutely horrible layout and format that makes it near impossible to find the kind of fic you want.

• edited 2013-05-25 18:03:12

I was mostly referring to people who write fanfics and draw fanart, not for people searching for it. Maybe there's a general feeling off "oh it's easier to see how people feel about my work since the comments are all on the same site". I don't really know, though, since I don't actually put up fancifc or fanart.

• No rainbow star
    Zennistrad: Funnily enough, there is a dedicated booru/fanfic site for Pokemon

It's all Rule 34 though so... I'm not entirely sure what to say about that
  • Rule of First Adapters?

• Or maybe because the fandoms that do have these things (My Little Pony and... Homestuck?)

Yes.

And if #yackfest is a fandom, we have that too.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Katawa Shoujo also has a booru