If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not being able to help a buddy with something

edited 2013-04-20 16:04:47 in General

My best friend is overweight, is not allowed to drive due to a seizure three years ago, lives with his jackass father and crazy sister, has terrible sleep problems, and has a house that is breaking down.

I can help him with none of these things, and I really wish I could. 

Comments

• edited 2013-04-20 16:10:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I know that feeling so badly.  The other night, I wasn't able to stop a friend from getting back in touch with someone she had a a really unhealthy, destructive relationship with.  And so many of my friends are so sad so much of the time.

It hurts when you can't, but sometimes all you can do is be there for them.  Lend an open ear and some good words.  That helps more than you'd think, and sometimes more than you realize at that moment.

• edited 2013-04-20 16:19:43
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I also kind of know how that is, between one friend who wasn't able to get over a high school crush he was too timid to be forward about his feelings until very late, and who's too unmotivated/antisocial for college or most social interaction, and another friend who probably still doesn't have a job, or any concrete, or even momentary career plans. I feel bad for how little I can do for them, now that I'm 500 miles away, but sometimes we just talk. I don't know how I can help with that though.